Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Homebuilt & Modified Cookers

Another fabrication involving a General... or, it was time something was done

(1/4) > >>

Wingman:
I’ve had my MAK 1-Star for a little over a year now and it was always my intention to make my own bottom shelf because I am so cheap and it’s easy to say, “I can make that.”  But you know how intentions can go.  Anyway, I finally said enough is enough with the storing of the pellet buckets under the grill on the deck and built the darn thing.  I while back my kid was throwing out an old steel bed frame so I grabbed it thinking good raw materials for a future project.  So my cost in the thing is for the expanded steel and paint which is supposed to be a hammered finish look which hides imperfections.  Oh yeah, needed a lot of that.  Total cost was about $30.  I wanted the shelf to be the depth of the grill and low enough to put plastic pellet buckets on without worrying about heat issues.  I’m posting it here because it might give others ideas.  Thanks for looking.

Dean

sliding_billy:
Excellent job.  I would never know that it wasn't a factory job.

squirtthecat:

Nice!

Las Vegan Cajun:
Looks like a professional installation, you should start an after market business for these things.  ;)

drholly:

--- Quote from: Las Vegan Cajun on June 09, 2014, 10:21:55 AM ---Looks like a professional installation, you should start an after market business for these things.  ;)

--- End quote ---

X2!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version