Author Topic: Dehydrator info  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
Dehydrator info
« Reply #-1 on: September 17, 2014, 12:02:07 PM »
I'm looking into buying a dehydrator. So far the LEM 10 tray has my attention. Any input would be appreciated.
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
Re: Dehydrator info
« on: September 17, 2014, 12:18:04 PM »
I'm looking into buying a dehydrator. So far the LEM 10 tray has my attention. Any input would be appreciated.

Excalibur makes damn good dehydrators and been around for years.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »
Ditto on Excalibur. And I heard good things about Nesco too.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 03:47:27 PM »
Most nesco are good solid machines,I have one and got one for my nephew so Im content the quality/value is there.Excalibers have excellent reps. But that LEM,at the sale price,unless someone tells us they are junk I would seriously consider it.IMO.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline txpops

Original Bradley smoker w/dual element mod
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil Beesr
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator

Offline RAD

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 06:03:35 PM »
I just got the LEM 10 tray because it was on sale and love. Only thing I have to compare it to is my smoker or one I had years ago that was round. This thing is great and the results are outstanding. I had every try full this past weekend with pineapple, apple, bananas, sticks and once the sticks were done I added the jerky.

Love to cook and eat

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 06:24:00 PM »
Living in Canada your going to pay through the nose for one, don't really matter which one. If your going to the fall gathering I would be on the look out for one down there, you just might save yourself a few bucks.
I bought my Sedona Digitally Controlled Food Dehydrator (SD-9000) through amazon.com and of course paid more than someone living in the U.S.
I have never owned a dehydrator before so I can not compare it to the others mentioned but I have used it pretty much every week since I got it and love it. I do a lot of dried fruits for the kid and lately I been doing tomatoes as I have so many of them. I have done lots of jerky but never snack sticks but the jerky has always come out fantastic. The thing about dehydrators is you either love them or not, so I would go through kijiji.ca and see if you can get a good used one.

Don't know if this guy will convince you to buy a Sedona Dehydrator but he is fun to watch  ;D

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:31:30 PM by smokendevo »

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
Dehydrator info
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 06:58:54 PM »
I was leaning towards the LEM only because I can get it on Amazon for 220.00 with free shipping. The reviews look decent on it. As for the fall gathering I can't make it.. Boo
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »
Don has the dehydrator i wanted, i just dont have room for it now.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 11:40:24 PM »
My LEM 10 tray is due to be delivered tomorrow, will let you know how it works out once I try it.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)