Author Topic: New Outdoor Gormet (Academy)Pellet Gril Is Overheating.  (Read 543 times)

Offline Bill G.

New Outdoor Gormet (Academy)Pellet Gril Is Overheating.
« Reply #-1 on: September 08, 2012, 09:22:54 PM »
When I set dial temp to 180 the cooker inside temp go's up to 225-230. When setting  temp dial temp to 225 or highgher the cooking temp go's up to 325 or moreThis gets worse as dial temp's are raised. Anybody with this same grill have similar experiences and been able to find a fix .

The exhaust stack is adjustable but this isn't mentioned in the manual.Plan to play with this tomorrow but thought maybe someone already knows.

This grill is on sale for $299.95 so I think its a good buy, what you say?

Have a nice weekend.   Bill G.

COOK SHACK SM009,(Electric)
PRIMO , OVAL (lump)
WILMINGTON,(gas)
ACADEMY,OUTDOOR GORMET (pellet)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: New Outdoor Gormet (Academy)Pellet Gril Is Overheating.
« on: September 08, 2012, 09:29:02 PM »
Hey Bill!

I would make sure the stack is left open, and when you set it to temp. - let it "settle in" for 30 -45 minutes. This will give it enough time for you to determine if there is a real problem - or if it is just over-shooting the set-point temp, then settling back down to that temp.

There are a couple of guys here that have good experience with the grill you have that will be along soon to offer help.

Hang in there - we will get it going for you!

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Smokin Soon

Re: New Outdoor Gormet (Academy)Pellet Gril Is Overheating.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 09:29:20 PM »
Bill, just for grins -  vac the firepot, set to smoke, light it up with the lid open for 10 minutes. Close the lid, put some cold meat on and see what it does. I think you got a great deal and there is plenty of help on this forum.
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's