Author Topic: You Gonna Love These Ta Death Baby!  (Read 1315 times)

Offline mrbbq

• MAK GRILLS
You Gonna Love These Ta Death Baby!
« Reply #-1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:43:38 PM »
I used to listen to ole "Wolfman Jack" and loved it whenever he'd say " YOU GONNA LOVE IT TA DEATH BABY!". i think this is one recipe that  you WILL love to death, cuz it's so good and easy and tasty. And who doesn't love berries???

In Oregon, nothing announces summer better than the abundance of fresh berries available in stores, fruit stands and farmer’s markets.  Blackberries, raspberries, Marionberries, Loganberries are all enjoyed in fruit tarts you can make on your MAK. You can use most any type of fresh fruit available. The excellent baking capabilities of our grills let you fully enjoy these summertime delights.
Berry Puff Pastry Tarts
Serves 4-6
Minimum Ingredients:
1 package (17.3 oz) of puff pastry sheets (enough to make 4 individual tarts)
2 cups fresh washed berries and/or fruit.
1/4 cup flour
Flat cookie or baking sheet
Optional: table sugar (to sprinkle on pastry shells and berries/fruit

Preparation:
Wash the berries or fruit and lightly shake dry. If the pastry dough is frozen, allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. You want the dough to be pliable, but not warm.  Spread flour evenly on preparation surface. Put dough on the flour and cut each sheet so that you have 2-4 individual pieces. Use your fingers to roll up the edges of each piece of dough to form a square bowl to hold the ruit.

Place approximately 1 tablespoon of berries in the middle of each individual tart. You might want to roll the edges up a little bit on the berries to keep them in place on the dough. Pinch each corner to seal the edges of the tart shell. Prick the center portion with a fork, to keep the middle from puffing up as much when baked. Place each individual tart on a lightly greased cookie/baking sheet with room between each tart.
Optional: lightly sprinkle table sugar on the berries and/or dough prior to baking. 

Cooking:
Start your MAK and set temperature to 425F. Allow the grill to come to temperature. Place the tarts in the grill, close lid and cook for 15 minutes or until you see the pastry shells start to puff up and turn brown.  Now, lower the grill temperature to 375F and continue cooking the tarts until the toppings are cooked through, approximately 8-12 minutes.

Carefully remove baked tarts from the grill and allow to cool. Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or as is.

Owner MAK 2 Star #26 & 2638
First MAK Grills employee

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: You Gonna Love These Ta Death Baby!
« on: June 27, 2018, 01:22:23 PM »
Those look berry good! ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 02:19:41 PM »
Yummy....
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 03:02:31 PM »
 :P   and  :P :P if you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream...
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 03:21:53 PM »
:P   and  :P :P if you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream...you might need Big Boy stretch pants.... ;) :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline rwalters

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 04:10:22 PM »
YUM... but I agree... vanilla ice-cream is a must :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline mrbbq

• MAK GRILLS
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 05:20:35 PM »
Well, I was proposing this as a breakfast item. LOL! Guess having a little ice cream at breakfast isnt a bad thing! LOL!

Offline rwalters

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 05:28:31 PM »
Well, I was proposing this as a breakfast item. LOL! Guess having a little ice cream at breakfast isnt a bad thing! LOL!
I see nothing wrong at all... it's not like this recipe is from the Weight Watchers cookbook, LOL!  If your gonna do it, might as well do it right!!!

Plus, the berries keep it healthy :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 05:48:48 PM »
Hey, my stomach don't know what time it is.

……...and I remember the Wolfman...and Art Laboe…………..those two could sure spin the "oldies but goodies"  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline mrbbq

• MAK GRILLS
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 11:53:04 AM »
Not to hijack this thread...but yeah Smokeasauras....the days of true personality radio are long gone, except in our memories and what's on YouTube. Time Marches On!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »
Hey, my stomach don't know what time it is.

……...and I remember the Wolfman...and Art Laboe…………..those two could sure spin the "oldies but goodies"  :)

smoke, one of my first jobs after I started working in 1972 was on a new television show called "The Midnight Special"with Wolfman Jack as the host. It aired every Friday night after Carson. The show was produced by Dick Ebersol, who eventually became my boss until he retired around 4 years ago. Oh, the stories I could tell about the Wolfman, but won't, because this is a family oriented forum. The first time I heard him was in the 60's when he was on an overnight  pirate radio station (XRock80) in Acuna Mexico, just over the river from Del Rio, TX. It was a blast furnace of probably 250,000 watts and could be heard almost all over America. The station was so powerful at night that bed springs in the near vicinity of the transmit tower would vibrate. He was selling live baby chicks as one of his sponsors. Oh, the good ole days.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:46:21 PM by IR2dum »

Offline Smokin Chemtrails

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 10:42:22 PM »
Wow I'm hungry now