Author Topic: Mak convincing  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Lemonhead78

Re: Mak convincing
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 03:44:51 PM »
I'm sold. I definitely want my next grill to be a mak. I'm gonna start Saving now. When tax season rolls around that's when I'm gonna get it. February/ march . I can't wait. I'm an accessory nut too so I'll definitely need some extra money for those. Being that I keep my grills in garage it sounds like it will be the last grill I ever own. Well maybe not that long lol. I'm 40 . Sorry to hijack my own thread with off topic question but what do you think I should ask/get for used grills. My genesis is 4 years old but I just put in New stainless steal grates,flavor bars,brand new burners. It's clean. I would say excellent shApe . It has the sear station ( just an extre burner tube) not infrared , and has the stovetop cooker side. Plus my pit barrel cooker is in good shape with all the accessories. How much should I ask for these ? I'm not sure what people are willing to pay for a used cooker. I personally wouldn't buy a used grill. I'm a weirdo I guess
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline rwalters

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 03:55:34 PM »
First off, you are no more a weirdo than the rest of us...lol!

As to your questions:
1) I have bought, restored and sold numerous Weber Genesis over the years... just like yours.  The model that you have, with the sear burner, should fetch between $350-400 on CL.
2) If you PBC is the older style w/powder coat finish, than I'd shoot for $150.  If it's fairly new, with the porcelain finish, I'd shoot for $200, but would take $175 if someone made me that offer.

And yes, the two cookers that you are looking to sell do have a strong resale market... if priced right, I would expect them to both be gone in no more than a week or two :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 04:00:43 PM »
First off, you are no more a weirdo than the rest of us...lol!

As to your questions:
1) I have bought, restored and sold numerous Weber Genesis over the years... just like yours.  The model that you have, with the sear burner, should fetch between $350-400 on CL.
2) If you PBC is the older style w/powder coat finish, than I'd shoot for $150.  If it's fairly new, with the porcelain finish, I'd shoot for $200, but would take $175 if someone made me that offer.

And yes, the two cookers that you are looking to sell do have a strong resale market... if priced right, I would expect them to both be gone in no more than a week or two :)
thanks
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline akjeff

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 12:58:38 AM »
We've had our MAK 2 Star for about a year now. Cook on it easily 3 nights a week on average, and sometimes every day of the week. Weather seems to have no effect on it, and I've used it in some really crappy conditions. Incredibly solid, consistent performance. A cooking machine! On top of that, every individual that I've spoken with at MAK has been top notch. You will never regret buying one.

Jeff
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 07:37:52 AM by teesquare »
MAK 2 Star
Primo Large Oval
WSM

Offline Harriska2

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 05:48:36 PM »
I thought the MAK 2 was too big for my tiny covered porch (6x18). Nope. I have it about 5 inches from a wood post and the post isn’t even discolored from the smoke! Really didn’t want to spend that much but 10 months later I love it just as much.  All of us cook on it, even my son.  I think the ability to quickly take it apart to clean it is brilliant!