Author Topic: Firepot filled with unburned pellet  (Read 2181 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Firepot filled with unburned pellet
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »
I had to call MAK one time after the review was done.  I had a flame-out during the night when I had a 80 dollar brisket in the MAK.

We determined it was an alder based "Texas Blend" from a outfit that starts with the letter T.  They owe me a brisket  >:( ;D >:(

After I went back to the Pit Boss comp blend I have not had a problem in either the MAK or the Camp Chef.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pappymn

Firepot filled with unburned pellet
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »
I had to call MAK one time after the review was done.  I had a flame-out during the night when I had a 80 dollar brisket in the MAK.

We determined it was an alder based "Texas Blend" from a outfit that starts with the letter T.  They owe me a brisket  >:( ;D >:(

After I went back to the Pit Boss comp blend I have not had a problem in either the MAK or the Camp Chef.
I really can't believe The Smoke used pellets starting with the letter T. Just say it ain't so

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Firepot filled with unburned pellet
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 03:40:44 PM »

I really can't believe The Smoke used pellets starting with the letter T. Just say it ain't so

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is so Pappy  :( 

I was at an Ace store in downtown Marlin Texas and saw this box that said Texas blend by this company that starts with the letter 'T'

I was caught up in the moment............ :( :(

...............and I had to toss out the brisket because in the morning the MAK was off and cold and so was the brisket..... :-X :-[ :-X :-[
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32