Author Topic: Saving and waiting  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Lemonhead78

Saving and waiting
« Reply #-1 on: November 10, 2018, 03:44:20 PM »
I have no idea why I’m posting this but........
I project to get my mak 2 in March. I can’t wait to join the club. Between some overtime plowing snow and income taxes and bugging my wife I’ll get it. Can I ask you guys some questions

1. Is their any kind of tax added ? I added it to my cart and the price didn’t change
2. Any must have accessories you Guys recommend ?
3. Can I check and adjust cook on my iPhone by WiFi ?

I’m not wasting your time with my questions. God willing if I’m still here I’m getting a mak
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline Bayoucajun

Re: Saving and waiting
« on: November 10, 2018, 06:59:34 PM »
I hope you are feeling well and everything is fine. Stay healthly and best of luck.

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 08:16:51 PM »
I project to get my mak 2 in March. I can’t wait to join the club. Between some overtime plowing snow and income taxes and bugging my wife I’ll get it. Can I ask you guys some questions

1. Is their any kind of tax added ? I added it to my cart and the price didn’t change

I’m not wasting your time with my questions. God willing if I’m still here I’m getting a mak

LH, If you're not a resident in the state that you purchase the MAK from, there shouldn't be any sales tax. However....BIG CAVEAT....after the Supreme Court decision this year, the way has been cleared for the individual states to be able to collect sales tax on items purchased out of state, in effect,(for instance) making Illinois based companies sales tax collectors for Cali, for items sold to California residents. Amazon for one has been voluntarily doing this for years. I think every state is working on legislation to implement this new revenue source and the implementation dates. I know here in WA. ST. they'd never let  a single penny of tax money roll off the table. So, if you're going to buy, do it soon.

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 09:50:56 PM »
I hope you are feeling well and everything is fine. Stay healthly and best of luck.

Thanks . I’m still feeling weird pains and stuff but I think/hope it’s all mental. It’s so mentally exhausting to think about every minute of the day. One day at a time for now ! Thanks for asking
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 09:53:14 PM »
Thanks salmosmkmer
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 08:46:47 AM »

LH -

As a recent MAK purchaser, here's what I know in answer to your questions:

1.  If you buy direct from MAK, no sales tax is added.  As another poster noted, that could change fairly quickly next year depending on your state.  MAK is in Oregon and the do not add sales tax.  I am in California, and I am supposed to declare the purchases from internet or out-of-state as California does charge sales tax on everything.  As someone else noted, Amazon already does this on most of my purchases.

2.  I recommend a cover and the front shelf option at a minimum.  I also purchased MAK's grill grates and the lower cabinet enclosure door, but those are not essential and you could purchase either after using the MAK for awhile. 

3.  Yes, you can adjust cooking temps via the Wifi option.  I said "option" as Wifi is an additional option.  In addition to changing temps, you can setup and use cooking programs as well as alarms and such.  I have not setup or used any programs yet, but I definitely use the temp/setpoint adjust via wifi.

Hope this helps!
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450
Blackstone 17" portable griddle

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 09:08:26 AM »
Front shelf is a must.

Also get at least the 3/4 cooking grate or go all out and get the full size one.

Cover is a good idea if it is kept outside.

Mine is in the garage and gets wheeled out and back in after shutdown.

Feel better and keep thinking about the 2 Star.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 09:09:18 AM »
Also, check out my full 2 star review where I showed and cooked on all the accessories

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=22061.0
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »

1.  If you buy direct from MAK, no sales tax is added.  As another poster noted, that could change fairly quickly next year depending on your state.  MAK is in Oregon and the do not add sales tax.  I am in California, and I am supposed to declare the purchases from internet or out-of-state as California does charge sales tax on everything.  As someone else noted, Amazon already does this on most of my purchases.

Thanks sshorr, it occurred to me after my post re: no Oregon sales tax. I bought mine through BPS with the BPS Special. Got a bunch of extra stuff that way. The MAK factory is about 5 hrs. south of me.

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 04:49:30 PM »
I’m only 5”8. Would the front shelf keep me too far away from the grill to use it comfortably.
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 05:23:17 PM »
I’m only 5”8. Would the front shelf keep me too far away from the grill to use it comfortably.

LH,  nope, you’ll be just fine.  It is not a deep shelf, but makes it easy to position trays and such for putting food on and taking food off. 
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450
Blackstone 17" portable griddle

Offline rwalters

Saving and waiting
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »
Hey buddy-

Glad to hear that you are day by day feeling a bit better! Looks like most of your MAK questions have been answered, and the advice/recommendations are solid :)

I really look forward to eventually seeing you take possession of a brand spanking new 2 Star, and then watching you put it to good use!!!!
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 08:11:02 PM »

I'm the same height as you. The front shelf is a must. I started without it. Really glad I have it now. :thumbup: :thumbup: