Author Topic: Getting a mak for Christmas  (Read 1809 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Getting a mak for Christmas
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 12:30:03 PM »
Keep in mind if Tee can put one together ANYONE can :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bearing in mind that he wants his to actually work..... :Dmost here know that I am a Graduate of Rube Goldberg University....mmm(?
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pit Hoss

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 08:51:40 PM »
Congratulations!
Mak 2 Star General
GMG Daniel Boone (retired)
Weber Performer Deluxe

Offline FinsnFeathers

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 02:04:11 PM »
I’m beyond excited to join the mak family!! I will do research myself but I hope you guys can help me here and their ( like you guys always have ) . My first concern is the assembly. I’m not the most handy guy going. I’m not incompetent either. Are the directions simple to understand with words all is it just diagrams ? I hope it’s a simple step by step. Lastly when you say 2 people , can the second person be my wife or do I need one of my friends to help ! I hate asking anyone for favors. I don’t want to pay anyone to do it if I don’t have too because I don’t want someone else cutting corners . Thanks guys

I posted a picture of all the tools you will need. And they come with the MAK. Two allen wrenches is all it takes.
All the holes lined up perfectly.

Welcome to the family!
MAK 2 Star General #3579

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 03:37:06 PM »
I’m making the call to order right now and I’m a nervous wreck for some reason. Here it goes !!!
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 03:40:08 PM »
I’m making the call to order right now and I’m a nervous wreck for some reason. Here it goes !!!
WHY?    Your getting one of the best pellet grills on the market :thumbup:

Only reason I would be nerous would be telling Kimmie how much I spent  ??? :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 03:51:19 PM »

Only reason I would be nerous would be telling Kimmie how much I spent  ??? :D :D

Price is what’s got me nervous. But you get what you pay for ya know. I just can’t wait to get transaction over with lol. They were busy so I left a message to call me back. The suspense is now killing me
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 03:52:17 PM »
I’m beyond excited to join the mak family!! I will do research myself but I hope you guys can help me here and their ( like you guys always have ) . My first concern is the assembly. I’m not the most handy guy going. I’m not incompetent either. Are the directions simple to understand with words all is it just diagrams ? I hope it’s a simple step by step. Lastly when you say 2 people , can the second person be my wife or do I need one of my friends to help ! I hate asking anyone for favors. I don’t want to pay anyone to do it if I don’t have too because I don’t want someone else cutting corners . Thanks guys

I posted a picture of all the tools you will need. And they come with the MAK. Two allen wrenches is all it takes.

Welcome to the family!
I don’t see the pic . Is Allen wrenches really all I need
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline rwalters

Getting a mak for Christmas
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »

Welcome to the family!
Yep, that’s all you’ll need :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline rwalters

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 04:06:09 PM »

Price is what’s got me nervous. But you get what you pay for ya know. I just can’t wait to get transaction over with lol. They were busy so I left a message to call me back. The suspense is now killing me
I hear ya, and I get it! It can be difficult to part with hard earned money!! With that said, you will immediately recognize this to be a lifetime cooker should you choose :-)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2018, 07:47:28 PM »
It’s official. I’m a mak daddy now !!!!!!! Now I gotta order some pellets. I want to get the lumberjack charblend for high temp cooks but I’m still undecided about what brand and flavor for my low and slow cooks. Should I do the initial burn in with the mak pellets that come with the grill ? Am I over thinking everything? Lol
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline rwalters

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 09:03:17 PM »
It’s official. I’m a mak daddy now !!!!!!! Now I gotta order some pellets. I want to get the lumberjack charblend for high temp cooks but I’m still undecided about what brand and flavor for my low and slow cooks. Should I do the initial burn in with the mak pellets that come with the grill ? Am I over thinking everything? Lol
Yep... breathe, relax and enjoy. Burn through the pellets that come with it and go from there. Lumberjack are great! You’ll have your MAK for many years... you’ve got plenty of time to experiment with pellet brand/type. Welcome to the MAK family :)

Offline akjeff

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 09:01:46 PM »
Welcome to the club! Look forward to seeing some cooks!

Jeff
MAK 2 Star
Primo Large Oval
WSM

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2018, 01:30:48 PM »

Welcome to the family!

A whole set of Allen wrenches comes with your MAK. They include all you'll need.