Author Topic: Assembled my **star  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Lemonhead78

Assembled my **star
« Reply #-1 on: December 28, 2018, 09:06:08 PM »
I am finished !!!!! . It took me a while because I wanted to take my time and do it right. The grill is so shiny .... for now lol. The hardest part was getting the grip on the main body handle. My serial number is 3819. I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me with all my questions along the way. Don’t want to name names , you know who you guys are. My first cook will be tomorrow. I’m doing spareribs .
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline rwalters

Assembled my **star
« on: December 28, 2018, 09:47:16 PM »
YES!!!! Let’s see some assembled MAK pics in its new home :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Pappymn

Assembled my **star
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:35:27 PM »
Dang I am 2 Star #1,000 good for them and well deserved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Lemonhead78

Assembled my **star
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 11:44:29 PM »
Here’s my baby . Soon to be decked out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline jimsbarbecue

Re: Assembled my **star
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 12:08:27 AM »
They look so different clean

Offline rwalters

Assembled my **star
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 12:41:08 AM »
Love it! Man it’s shiny :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 01:18:55 AM »
... The grill is so shiny ...

"Very pretty, Colonel... but can they fight?" (Obviously just kidding but please tell me I'm not the only one old enough to remember that quote).
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline rwalters

Assembled my **star
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 01:22:42 AM »
... The grill is so shiny ...

"Very pretty, Colonel... but can they fight?" (Obviously just kidding but please tell me I'm not the only one old enough to remember that quote).
Man, you are OLD... lol. Dirty Dozen (1967)?  I wasn’t even born yet ;-)

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 03:14:14 AM »
A sight to behold. Now all you need is something along the lines of a Smoke and Thermapen or equal. On my first cook the temps ran a little hotter than the readout and setting showed. Once it was burned in and had a little seasoning it has settled down and is pretty much spot on.
Smoke: https://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke?gclid=Cj0KCQiA05zhBRCMARIsACKDWjfjE6HSsAYvbBMj1Hgjfc0PeqK2oJXfBrZgLj6e-o0T7_eizk6Sh3MaAmgVEALw_wcB
Thermapen: https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4
MAK #3591

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 06:01:45 AM »
A sight to behold. Now all you need is something along the lines of a Smoke and Thermapen or equal. On my first cook the temps ran a little hotter than the readout and setting showed. Once it was burned in and had a little seasoning it has settled down and is pretty much spot on.
Smoke: https://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke?gclid=Cj0KCQiA05zhBRCMARIsACKDWjfjE6HSsAYvbBMj1Hgjfc0PeqK2oJXfBrZgLj6e-o0T7_eizk6Sh3MaAmgVEALw_wcB

I want to get the firebox thermometer set. I like the WiFi capability. Right now I have a meater thermometer and it’s junk. Although it’s accurate and pretty cool the thing has a range of about 4 or 5 ft. I also have a knockoff thermapen called javelin pro. The javelin is lighting fast and very accurate. I know people love their thermapens ( I’ve never owned one ) but I can’t see it performing better than the javelin. It’s 55 bucks I think compared to 100 .
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 10:23:09 AM »
Time to get er smokey
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 12:30:05 PM »
"It's a beaut Clark!!"

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 07:32:10 AM »

I want to get the firebox thermometer set. I like the WiFi capability. Right now I have a meater thermometer and it’s junk. Although it’s accurate and pretty cool the thing has a range of about 4 or 5 ft. I also have a knockoff thermapen called javelin pro. The javelin is lighting fast and very accurate. I know people love their thermapens ( I’ve never owned one ) but I can’t see it performing better than the javelin. It’s 55 bucks I think compared to 100 .
Like I said, along the lines or equal. Sounds like you are getting fine tuned. ;)
MAK #3591

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 09:57:30 AM »
Makes me want to send mine back for an overhaul. Didn't Mr "T" do something like that?
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Darl180

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 04:36:14 PM »
I just got mine too!! Quick question did yours come with a free rub set? How many rubs did the art have?