Author Topic: New Blackstone  (Read 13481 times)

Offline KJRsmoker

New Blackstone
« Reply #-1 on: December 31, 2018, 08:01:52 PM »
I came across this on YouTube.  In the video it says it's a Walmart exclusive.  Looks nice but it's priced at $497 which seems a little pricey.  Hopefully it can be used when it's windy because I find my Blackstone is pretty worthless when the wind is blowing.

2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline Lines

Re: New Blackstone
« on: December 31, 2018, 08:18:37 PM »
That would be really nice for summertime cooking. Bacon always smells and taste great when cooked outdoors.

Offline Pappymn

New Blackstone
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 08:31:03 PM »
I wish they did a grease drain like you see on commercial griddles. But I do like my 36.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline DWard51

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 05:42:47 PM »
Looks like someone took all the internet mods and incorporated them into a upper end Blackstone with a nice lower cabinet.  At first glance the price seemed high, but when you think of the cost of the hard cover, plus adding all the mods yourself, it's really pretty decent and ready to go out of the box.   When I bought my 28" on a Walmart clearance a while back, I liked the idea of the portability and folding legs.  That being said in the years I've had mine, I've yet to move it from it's normal home on the covered back porch.  Nice score indeed.

Being the cheap bastard that I can be, I will be watching "brickseek" for those on end of summer clearance pricing and will jump all over one at a discount and give my 28" to my son in law.

Offline Pappymn

New Blackstone
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 06:45:51 PM »
Looks like someone took all the internet mods and incorporated them into a upper end Blackstone with a nice lower cabinet.  At first glance the price seemed high, but when you think of the cost of the hard cover, plus adding all the mods yourself, it's really pretty decent and ready to go out of the box.   When I bought my 28" on a Walmart clearance a while back, I liked the idea of the portability and folding legs.  That being said in the years I've had mine, I've yet to move it from it's normal home on the covered back porch.  Nice score indeed.

Being the cheap bastard that I can be, I will be watching "brickseek" for those on end of summer clearance pricing and will jump all over one at a discount and give my 28" to my son in law.
Or wait for your Walmart to leave it in the rain which they seem to do with regulatory. Then start haggling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Roget

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 10:46:34 AM »
Ever since I purchased my 28" Blackstone, I have wanted to get a bigger one.
This one is very tempting. I just hate to drop that much coin.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner