Author Topic: Burgers and grilling  (Read 849 times)

Offline Lemonhead78

Burgers and grilling
« Reply #-1 on: January 01, 2019, 04:16:44 PM »
Does anyone ever make burgers with the flame zone covers removed ? I assume this would be a bad idea because too much grease would go through the dimples and trickle into the guts of the grill. I don’t think you would want grease down in their because the firepot and also mixing with the ash would be bad.
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline rwalters

Burgers and grilling
« on: January 01, 2019, 06:26:04 PM »
All the time. 80/20 ground chuck. Don’t set your Pellet Boss higher than 450 and you’ll be perfectly fine :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Lemonhead78

Re: Burgers and grilling
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 07:05:12 PM »
This grill so far is everything and more than I thought it would be. I just can’t get it dirty yet and grill a burger. Come to my house in the middle of the night and cook burgers and chicken thighs on it to really break it in while I’m sleeping lol .
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline rwalters

Burgers and grilling
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 11:06:36 AM »
This grill so far is everything and more than I thought it would be. I just can’t get it dirty yet and grill a burger. Come to my house in the middle of the night and cook burgers and chicken thighs on it to really break it in while I’m sleeping lol .
You remind me of one of our old neighbors... he and his wife had purchased a new car... I was out front one evening and saw him coming down the street with a bag of fast food that he was hanging out the window. Looked funny!!! I asked him why he was doing that... his answer “I don’t want to ruin the new car smell.”

Honestly, I get it, a new shiny grill is kind of sexy... but there comes a time that you’ve just gotta get take a deep breath and learn to enjoy your new MAK to its fullest. Just remember, it’s 304 SS... you can use the harshest of cleaners on it without worry. Mine gets gunked up on a regular basis, and I know that at any moment, with about 15-20 mins of easy work, I can have it pretty darn clean again :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 07:17:30 AM »

I used to think that way. Now when I get something new, say a new pickup, I don't really start relaxing and enjoying it until I get that first little scratch or door ding from some yahoo in a parking lot. Point being if you worry about it getting dirty it's not doing what you paid for. LOL
MAK #3591

Offline FinsnFeathers

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 05:54:00 PM »
I know a lot of peeps don't do this but I foil the flame zone and poke holes in the foil with a screwdriver. Makes clean up a lot easier.

You can try it and I am sure others will let you know what they do.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your MAK!  :thumbup:
MAK 2 Star General #3579