Author Topic: About thermal blankets for the pelletizer  (Read 474 times)

Offline Jaxon

About thermal blankets for the pelletizer
« Reply #-1 on: January 04, 2019, 10:27:19 AM »
Hey y'all, Deb gifted me with a thermal blanket for the Daniel Boone.  I know how to use it, but I have a question.
If I leave it on the grill all the time, won't it be cold when I want to use the grill and won't the grill have to warm it up to hold temps?
Will it be better to leave it in the house until I'm ready to use it so it won't be so cold?
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline rwalters

About thermal blankets for the pelletizer
« on: January 04, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »
Although I have never used a thermal blanket on a pellet cooker, I don’t think it would make much difference either way. Within minutes of firing up your cooker, that blanket will be heated no matter what temp it was when you started. Perhaps keeping it at room temperature would save you a couple of mins... but I just don’t think you’d notice any real difference. One thing I have noticed is that guys that leave there cookers covered all the time with a thermal blanket tend to have more issues with the paint and overall finish on their cookers. Sometimes leading to premature rust issues. Not sure how common this is, but for this reason alone I’d be one to remove my thermal cover after each cook just to prevent potential issues. IMO, leaving the cover on all the time is a great way to attract moisture... and when the thermal cover becomes moist and just sits up against the cooker, it seems to me you are setting up a recipe for problems. At least that’s the way I see it :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)