Author Topic: SOUS VIDE heated hot water bath.  (Read 8080 times)

Offline CANNON-MAN

SOUS VIDE heated hot water bath.
« Reply #-1 on: October 24, 2020, 11:45:43 PM »
I have a question? Has anyone ever used one of the circulating Sous Vide water circulator/heaters attached to an insulated cooler to make a hot water bath system to finish sausage in a water bath. I have never used one of the heating / circulating type of heaters and was wondering how efficient they would be in heating a batch of sausage in a camp cooler, It might take two of them but they will need to reach temperature of 160F. Having a insulated container like a cooler would make it easier to heat the volume or water you would need. Let me know if any one has tried it.

Offline Salmonsmoker

Re: SOUS VIDE heated hot water bath.
« on: October 26, 2020, 10:29:19 AM »
Kirby,
That's the way I do all of my sausage. My sous vide "cooker" is a Coleman cooler that's sized height-wise for the length of my unit. It's super efficient, and the insulated container increases the rated volume of H2O that the unit is rated to maintain. I don't do "Kirby-sized" batches of sausage, though. :)

Offline ClimberDave

Re: SOUS VIDE heated hot water bath.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 12:30:57 PM »
I use a cooler for larger cooks,  160 shouldnt be a problem,  just depends on the size of the cooler and what the circulator rating for  water volume,   My cooler was 24qts and it worked fin,  just took a bit of time to preheat.
Kamado Joe III Big Joe
Weber 22" One-Touch kettle
Weber Smokey Joe Simpsons Edition
PBC
Slow and Sear
Generic gasser
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Anova One
Joule
Anova Nano