Author Topic: Spring Cleaning - wow there's a grill under that grease!  (Read 535 times)

Barry CB Martin

Spring Cleaning - wow there's a grill under that grease!
« Reply #-1 on: March 16, 2013, 04:03:48 PM »
I thought I did a good job of prepping the grills for winter but evidently I covered up the C-B IR-PRO series thinking I had and I didn't.  So today when I was cleaning and arranging the grilling area getting ready for some upcoming cooks I removed the cover, lifted the hood and oh-my-goodness ... is that a penicillin farm growing on the grates?  Turned on the heat, cooked it away and then cleaned it all - made the stainless look purty and buffed and seasoned the metal IR plate under the porcelain-coated cast-iron grates (The C-B Pro-Series uses a baffle kinda like the SRG and it's topped with grates - it gets hot!)  I then turned my attention to the Grill2Go X200 and SRG to get them cleaned and spider free, etc. etc.  Can't wait to get to some grilling and roasting this week and make 'em dirty again!  8)

Offline Ka Honu

Re: Spring Cleaning - wow there's a grill under that grease!
« on: March 16, 2013, 05:01:28 PM »
... prepping the grills for winter...

I do that, too.  Luckily for me, it just means buying an extra tank of propane and some more wood chips since I seem to grill more during that time of year.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Tinnmel

• Portsmouth, VA
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
Should've called Sparky.  Could've gotten some shiny grills for the price of some FTs.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 06:00:22 PM »
... prepping the grills for winter...

I do that, too.  Luckily for me, it just means buying an extra tank of propane and some more wood chips since I seem to grill more during that time of year.

Isn't it against the law for a guy that lives in Hawaii to even comment about something connected to winter? It should be! ;) :D  I doubt there is even a word in Hawaiian for that most dreaded of seasons..... ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pappymn

Spring Cleaning - wow there's a grill under that grease!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 06:08:19 PM »
I always heard Hawaii only had two seasons. Thong and no thong? Have I been misled? ;)
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109