Author Topic: Springhill cook-off  (Read 430 times)

Offline Palmyrasteak

Springhill cook-off
« Reply #-1 on: June 03, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »
We had a BLAST this past Saturday at the Springhill, Louisiana steak cook-off. We came in 5th place with less than 1/2 a point from 4th. My plan was to be in Ft. Worth, Texas this Saturday for another steak comp but as luck goes, I'm not going to have time to make it. Hope everybody has a good week... Take time to do some GRILLIN  ;)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Springhill cook-off
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »
Congrats on the placement! Got a pic of this week's winner? ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Palmyrasteak

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:13:52 PM »
My daughter has all the pics. I'll try to slow her down long enough to get em. She is 19 and going full blast so it might take a few days  ???

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 04:22:49 AM »
Nice job!  I need to look at the details of that TX cook-off.  It is about 30 minutes from me.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Palmyrasteak

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »
Nice job!  I need to look at the details of that TX cook-off.  It is about 30 minutes from me.
Its in the Ft Worth area on a lake. Look up North Texas steak cook-off. The guy heading this one up is Brett Galaway.
His team(s) name is USA (United Steaks of America) and Ribpublic of Texas. If you still have trouble, let me know and I'll get the sho nuff info for you. Sounds like it will be a good one. I hate I'll have to miss it. Let me know if you need more info and I'll get it for you! :) :)