Author Topic: Carts or sheds for a Bradley system?  (Read 8643 times)

Offline pz

Carts or sheds for a Bradley system?
« Reply #-1 on: August 09, 2013, 01:23:06 PM »
Hey folks,
I'm a new Bradley user that has recently been bitten by the "mod" bug.  I've purchased an Auber dual probe, but have not even fired it up yet, but will do so soon (I'm planning some good smoked salmon).

I also am new to cheese smoking and the boss (my wife) has fallen in love with the flavor, but because of the hot temperatures this summer, the temps inside the tower rise to over 100 degrees within an hour.  I've added ice to the bottom, which helps tremendously, but I'd like to create some kind of cold smoke system (the system muebe created sounds like a winner)

The last part of the history is that I'm approaching old age with aches and pains in places I never had before, so stooping down to work with the Bradley is becoming uncomfortable.  As a temporary measure, I moved it to a counter top on an outdoor grill, but I'd like something more permanent, and something that I might use during inclement weather.

Here's the question: can someone post ideas (and hopefully pics) of systems you have put together?

The help would be much appreciated by this newbie Bradley user!

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Carts or sheds for a Bradley system?
« on: August 09, 2013, 02:16:09 PM »
I posted a whole thread on my Bradley mods here...

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=5274.0
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 02:46:41 PM »

This is how I used to use mine. (it just sits now, as I have graduation to much larger equipment)

Offline pz

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »
Great looking rigs, guys

I like the idea of a tall cabinet that allows two levels, the upper where the tower sits, and a lower level (or two) where the cold smoke isolator and puck storage are located.

Your setup is impressive, muebe and contains many ideas that I would like to incorporate, particularly the convection fan, and the cold smoke modification.

I like the cabinet you chose, squirtthecat - it would fit nicely with the general look of my back deck, and is inexpensive!

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »

It is a Suncast.  Very sturdy construction.   I would just crack the doors open in the winter for overnight smokes..

Offline pz

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 03:25:57 PM »
Nice 

Just went to their site, and the storage units look solid

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 11:37:56 PM »
Hey folks,
I'm a new Bradley user that has recently been bitten by the "mod" bug.  I've purchased an Auber dual probe, but have not even fired it up yet, but will do so soon (I'm planning some good smoked salmon).

I also am new to cheese smoking and the boss (my wife) has fallen in love with the flavor, but because of the hot temperatures this summer, the temps inside the tower rise to over 100 degrees within an hour.  I've added ice to the bottom, which helps tremendously, but I'd like to create some kind of cold smoke system (the system muebe created sounds like a winner)

The last part of the history is that I'm approaching old age with aches and pains in places I never had before, so stooping down to work with the Bradley is becoming uncomfortable.  As a temporary measure, I moved it to a counter top on an outdoor grill, but I'd like something more permanent, and something that I might use during inclement weather.

Here's the question: can someone post ideas (and hopefully pics) of systems you have put together?

The help would be much appreciated by this newbie Bradley user!
Here is my old one
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=31509.msg370766#msg370766

Here is the new one which was actually simple to make.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=31548.msg374700#msg374700
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline pz

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 11:52:00 PM »
Very impressive, GusRobin, especially the second one

As long as one has the carpentry skills, one of the advantage of building your own enclosure is that you can match the decor of the house, which is always a good selling point with the wife.

What did you use to construct the cold smoke box?  I'm leaning toward building my own.

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 11:56:30 PM »
Very impressive, GusRobin, especially the second one

As long as one has the carpentry skills, one of the advantage of building your own enclosure is that you can match the decor of the house, which is always a good selling point with the wife.

What did you use to construct the cold smoke box?  I'm leaning toward building my own.

Here is a link to the cold smoke build:
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=30383.msg359593#msg359593
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline pz

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 12:12:34 AM »
Very nice; as I was thinking about creating a box of my own, I did not think about smoke leakage

Thanks for posting the link.  ;)

Offline txpops

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 10:58:01 AM »
Original Bradley smoker w/dual element mod
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil Beesr
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator

Offline pz

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 12:50:02 AM »
This is what I came up with.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=21590.msg262706#msg262706

Very nice looking cart; almost like something that the manufacturer could have produced