Author Topic: Texas A&M  (Read 1070 times)

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
Texas A&M
« Reply #-1 on: August 29, 2013, 06:07:15 PM »
In its march toward a real football national championship A&M has an EASY schedule!
Only 2 hard games, Bama at home &  a LSU team that's not so highly rated at Baton Rouge.
A&M should be favored in all it's games ::)
Well against my better judgement ( after a drink I have no judgement) I'm willing to make Tim a bet!
Bama vs A&M straight up!
If I win ill send him a Bama hat that he wears for a week & if he wins he sends an A&M hat
I'm not even asking for points, he can't turn this down!
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Texas A&M
« on: August 29, 2013, 06:13:15 PM »
DEAL! :D

( Of course, I am ordering the A&M hat now....The Tide is gonna be lookin' for revenge after last year..... ;))
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline RickB

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 06:57:14 PM »
but Johnny will be at the helm against Bama

..after he sits out 1/2 of the Rice game  ;D

What a travesty!  :D :DBut what the hell we need him to beat the most evil of teams.. Bama.

Go Dawgs!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »
Yeah...the travesty is that if Johnny M. did something  worthy of discipline - then DO IT.... But if not - then why the 1/2 game?

There was ZERO evidence. Only accusations form really thuggy, sorry gutter slime kind of characters.Then the press ( vomit) wanted a nasty, siliceous, "hero killing" story to boost their readership.   Who knows? Maybe they were P.O.'ed because he was giving away autgraphed stuff - and they wanted to make money off him - and he told them to "kiss off" ;D?

What we DO know is that the NCAA said there was no evidence of wrong doing... So, why the 1/2 game suspension? I think it was to spank him for his over-sized ego, and hard partyin' ways.

Something to consider: The athletes can get axed for mis-behavin'...the guys that wave the money at them can't! Do you get that? I say make it a felony to get caught doing something that can de-rail an athlete's career. If he gets busted - why shouldn't the scabs that tease these guys into going stupid?
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »
Lord Tee in an ALABAMA hat?  I want a picture!!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 10:20:25 PM »
Aaaahh, you guys, ..... Alabama and T A&M can't hold a candle to a football powerhouse like the University of Connecticut. Big game tonight against another football powerhouse, Towson State, whoever they are.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 10:24:37 PM »
Couple things to remember:
While A&M jumped to a quick 21 points, Bama woke up and did what they do best - adjust. Y'all forget that if the ball was thrown a split second earlier then it would have been a go-ahead touchdown not an interception. But it was what it was and o'l Nick has had a year to adjust for Johnny Autograph.
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 10:25:31 PM »
Aaaahh, you guys, ..... Alabama and T A&M can't hold a candle to a football powerhouse like the University of Connecticut. Big game tonight against another football powerhouse, Towson State, whoever they are.

Ed

And Towson is kicking their butt.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »
I am afraid I am with Tee on this one. How can you say there is no evidence JFF did nothing wrong then impose a 30 minute suspension on him? Either he did wrong and is not eligible to play at all under NCAA rules or he did nothing wrong. Personally I want him to be on the field to see if Alabama can take care of him this year.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 10:50:02 PM »
I am afraid I am with Tee on this one. How can you say there is no evidence JFF did nothing wrong then impose a 30 minute suspension on him? Either he did wrong and is not eligible to play at all under NCAA rules or he did nothing wrong. Personally I want him to be on the field to see if Alabama can take care of him this year.

Yep...I want to see if his ego after having already won the Heisman gets in the way of his play. And - the 2 teams are not exactly the same, with losses to graduation, and newer players coming in....It should be a good game.

As long as the camera focuses a lot on AJ McCarron's girlfriend..who cares what the score is??? :D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 10:59:53 PM »

Ed
And Towson is kicking their butt.

They have never fielded a decent football team since I was a misplaced student there in 1961. I didn't like being in the East so much that I graduated college in 3 years so I could get back to the Mountains. Then after Viet Nam, what does the Marine Corps and Naval Intelligence do, they send me to Groton, CT. Carp!

One thing that they did learn how to do is play basketball. 3 men's National Championships since 1999 and 8 Women's National Championships since 1995. And, they can't even get into a decent conference like the Big 12.

Ed

An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 04:09:43 AM »
This is going to be fun.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Hub

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 07:37:09 AM »
Pre- and early season college football rankings, ratings, and estimates all too often fall by the wayside by October.  Inevitably, one or two "powerhouse" teams turn into powderpuffs and several under- or unrated teams pop up and wreak havoc with all the prognostication.  On any given Saturday . . .

I don't keep track, but can anyone remember the last time the pre-season number one favorite to take the national championship actually did so?

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 08:11:45 AM »
I think both Tee and TwoPockets are right on this one.

I want Johnny M. to be at the top of his game and everyone of the A&M players to be up and ready when they play Bama because I want to beat them when they play the best they can.  I think Johnny M. will be as strong as he was last year.  It will be interesting to see how teams adjust to him since they have had a year of observing him and  had time to maybe figure out how to corral him.  No matter what you do he is going to gain some yards.  The solution is to have good coverage down field and make him run and then try to fence him in with your defensive ends and linebackers...neither of which is a piece of cake.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 09:04:02 AM »
Johnny M. Is the forth in a line of recent extraordinary athletes who played quarterback  !
Vince Young, Tim Tebow , Cam Newton &. Johnny.
They all own the Heisman 3 won national championships!
They all are similar & put defenses in a untenable situation.
This could be A&M 's year
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp