Author Topic: Quesadillas last night  (Read 1384 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Quesadillas last night
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 07:48:37 AM »
Yep... That plate will work for me ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 09:04:42 AM »
Looks Fantastic!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 11:13:51 AM »
Beautiful cook!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 02:16:56 PM »
My bride has the hots for spinach, mushroom & cheese quesadillas... Not my favorite food but if it works for her that's fine by me <lol>!
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 02:22:46 PM »
Mike, Think about what you might do with the mushrooms - look for some woodsy types, use some balsamic vinegar or a good red wine to get them ready. Maybe some caramelized onions. Find a flavorful cheese, add some really good parmesan sliced thin. I like a deep woodsy flavor with a good red wine reduction, really adds some great flavors... just a thought.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 02:47:08 PM »
I like using shitake or if I can find them morels... the bride doesn't like vinegar or onions (go figure!).
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 02:48:21 PM »
It'll still be good...  ;D
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 11:49:11 PM »
... look for some woodsy types, use some balsamic vinegar or a good red wine to get them ready...

Talking about mushrooms, a while ago my wife ordered blue oyster mushroom spawn, which arrived yesterday.  She is using used coffee grounds with their filters to grow the tasty fungus.  One recipe that came with the shrooms is to use balsamic - have not tried that before, but am looking forward to the experience.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 11:57:47 PM »
... look for some woodsy types, use some balsamic vinegar or a good red wine to get them ready...

Talking about mushrooms, a while ago my wife ordered blue oyster mushroom spawn, which arrived yesterday.  She is using used coffee grounds with their filters to grow the tasty fungus.  One recipe that came with the shrooms is to use balsamic - have not tried that before, but am looking forward to the experience.
That sounds interesting, pz. Can't wait to hear how it comes out. I love balsamic with mushrooms, especially strong flavored types. Please be sure to share it!
Member #

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 11:59:49 PM »
those look great.  now i'm hungry..... :P
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline pz

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 12:02:17 AM »
That sounds interesting, pz. Can't wait to hear how it comes out. I love balsamic with mushrooms, especially strong flavored types. Please be sure to share it!

Will do, David - I'd better take a picture of the container as it is now and record the progress until the mushrooms mature - should take 4-6 weeks according to the documentation.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 12:05:31 AM »

Will do, David - I'd better take a picture of the container as it is now and record the progress until the mushrooms mature - should take 4-6 weeks according to the documentation.
That would be good, pz. I've often thought about the "grow your own mushroom kits." It will be interesting to learn from your experience. Thank you!
Member #