Author Topic: My mushroom  (Read 1667 times)

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: My mushroom
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
I remember hunting mushrooms in Hawaii in the 70's. Funny, they never made it to the sauté pan...  ;) ;D

doc, was that you in the other cow pasture?  I thought you look familiar.  what island were you on?  I was on Oahu living on the north shore from '72 - '77.  I taught surfing to the tourist in Waikiki for a job at the time.  it was a great five or six years.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 10:40:39 PM »
I remember hunting mushrooms in Hawaii in the 70's. Funny, they never made it to the sauté pan...  ;) ;D

doc, was that you in the other cow pasture?  I thought you look familiar.  what island were you on?  I was on Oahu living on the north shore from '72 - '77.  I taught surfing to the tourist in Waikiki for a job at the time.  it was a great five or six years.   8)

It might have been! I was on Oahu 75 - 78. I lived on the beach for a few months, making and selling puka shell necklaces to tourists. I never got good enough at surfing to teach, but it was fun. Drove drunk tourists along the beach in a rickshaw at night. Eventually worked with dolphins at Sea Life park and the university. And was manager at the Pizza Hut in Waikiki. Those were some very good times!  ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 01:33:17 AM »

It might have been! I was on Oahu 75 - 78. I lived on the beach for a few months, making and selling puka shell necklaces to tourists. I never got good enough at surfing to teach, but it was fun. Drove drunk tourists along the beach in a rickshaw at night. Eventually worked with dolphins at Sea Life park and the university. And was manager at the Pizza Hut in Waikiki. Those were some very good times!  ;D

wow!  we were on Oahu at the same time.  how cool.  I ate in the pizza hut in Waikiki all the time.  my 1st tattoo was down at a shop on hotel street.  not a nice place to be at night time unless you were a local.  heh, did you ever go to a crater festival (in diamond head crater).  it was a 3 day concert and they would lock the gates.  oh my god.  those were some of the best concerts ever.  I seen cheech and chong parachute into diamond head crater wearing blue and pink tutus.  the next act was the stones.  wow, I can't believe I remember that.  very good times in my life.  ok, i'm done.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 01:46:57 AM »
That is too cool! I probably made you a pizza or two...  ;D I have the poster for the Diamond Head Festival of Life hanging on my office wall. It was awesome! Some day I will be out your way and bring a pack of FT and we can trade stories.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #