Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1596 times)

Offline TwoPockets

Re: Hello
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 12:34:40 PM »
Welcome from mid Alabama.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 01:22:54 PM »
A Nebraskan welcomes you.  I'm looking forward to your reports on the Dyna Glo offset. 

I've not examined a Dyna Glo offset very thoroughly but "offset" makes me think it's a low and slow smoker.  Your statement that you've ordered GrillGrates makes me think it has some grilling capability.  Do you plan to grill in the firebox? 

Local chain grocery stores tell me that they aren't able to sell tri tip.  They end up grinding it into burger.  They say they'll sell me a case that I can split up with others who are interested.  Not gonna' happen.

I can sometimes find them at Costco.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:27:50 PM by pmillen »
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline hikerman

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 01:46:57 PM »
Big hello from Illinois!

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
Welcome from Southern California where Tri-Tips are abundant and taxes are off the charts ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Hello
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 04:33:44 PM »
Welcome aboard, from south Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 04:42:37 PM »
Welcome from Las Vegas.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Neenjuh

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 05:13:59 PM »
A Nebraskan welcomes you.  I'm looking forward to your reports on the Dyna Glo offset. 

I've not examined a Dyna Glo offset very thoroughly but "offset" makes me think it's a low and slow smoker.  Your statement that you've ordered GrillGrates makes me think it has some grilling capability.  Do you plan to grill in the firebox? 

Local chain grocery stores tell me that they aren't able to sell tri tip.  They end up grinding it into burger.  They say they'll sell me a case that I can split up with others who are interested.  Not gonna' happen.

I can sometimes find them at Costco

Haha, wish we were closer cause I would split one with you. If I can't find any and the only option is a case...well, I have a deep freeze not in use! And a vacuum sealer.

In regard to the grill grates, I ordered that for my gas grill, but saw them advertised in your site. The Dyna Glo is a charcoal smoker, very similar to most offset smokers.  I already have gasket sealer and all of that because I have read that is one of the flaws.  I also have been looking into building a charcoal basket. Thanks for the many welcomes, this seems like the place I need to be.  Good people, an abundance of knowledge, and good food.  Thanks again guys, once I get things up and going on my smoker I will make sure to take some pics and keep you all informed on my mission to replicate that smoked steak!