Author Topic: Seattle trip  (Read 2165 times)

Offline TwoPockets

Seattle trip
« Reply #-1 on: January 16, 2016, 05:23:37 PM »
We are going to be in Seattle (Issaquah area mostly) for around two weeks the first of February. Any suggestions for good places to eat?
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Seattle trip
« on: January 16, 2016, 07:13:00 PM »
Ken, I can't recommend any places but if  I were going there I'd get some blacken salmon and also some oysters.  When I went TDY out there a lot a fellow took me to a place on the water in Tacoma that was excellent. But seafood is what I'd fill up on.
I assume you are flying.  Watching people in the SeaTac airport is a trip.  You see everything in the world there.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 07:27:30 PM »
  Watching people in the SeaTac airport is a trip.  You see everything in the world there.

Dee

If it is is any stranger than the International concourse at Miami, I don't know if I can handle it. I will have to try some oysters for sure just to confirm that Apalachicola oysters are the best in the world.
Ken

Char-Broil The Big Easy

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 08:18:33 PM »
You might want to give our old Char Broil buddy - CB - a shout, he lives in that area.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 11:10:58 PM »
You might want to give our old Char Broil buddy - CB - a shout, he lives in that area.

I won't have much time to meet up with anyone. My daughter is having surgery and we will mostly be tending to her. Hopefully we can get out for a meal or two.
Ken

Char-Broil The Big Easy

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 10:26:29 AM »
Ken, You will see people from the north..Eskimos, Indians and others not normally seen down South.  Plenty of hippies though--just like Atlanta but more so.  Beautiful country.
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »
Bring your umbrella :) It's rain season.. Stay off hiway 18, very dangerous road. Try and visit Snoqualmie falls. heres a website of places to eat in downtown. I lived there 20 years ago but sure it has changed lots.
http://downtownissaquah.com/eat-and-drink/

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 12:09:24 PM »
Bring your umbrella :) It's rain season.. Stay off hiway 18, very dangerous road. Try and visit Snoqualmie falls. heres a website of places to eat in downtown. I lived there 20 years ago but sure it has changed lots.
http://downtownissaquah.com/eat-and-drink/

Thanks, I saw several places there we will have to try.
Ken

Char-Broil The Big Easy

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 01:13:41 PM »

I won't have much time to meet up with anyone. My daughter is having surgery and we will mostly be tending to her. Hopefully we can get out for a meal or two.

I wasn't thinking so much of a meet up - but that he would know some good places to try. He helped me out when I was there last fall, even though we never got together.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline hikerman

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 01:31:29 PM »
 Ken you have to try to see Pike's Place Market!

We hope everything goes great for your daughter!

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »
Here are a couple of places we like to go:

The Fisherman's Restaurant (personal favorite for Alder Smoked fish)
Seattle Waterfront
1301 Alaskan Way
I would recommend getting smoked fish and chips at the outside walk up seafood bar. - Smoked over real alder wood - choice of Salmon, Halibut, or cod.  Halibut is my personal favorite - no breading just smoked over real wood fire - and huge jo jo fries to go with

Salty's on Alki Beach
1936 Harbor Ave SW
Sit down - a little pricey but the views are amazing and the food is pretty good.

Elliot's Oyster House
1201 Alaskan Way
Seattle Waterfront

A traditional mainstay here is Ivar's Acres of Clams on the Seattle Waterfront
1001 Alaskan Way
Seattle Waterfront

Have not tried it but have heard that Ivar's Salmon House is a great Sunday bruch spot and excellent Seattle views
401 NE Northlake Way

The Athenian Inn - Pike's Place market
1517 Pike Pl Ste 1517
Tom Hanks ate there in the film "Sleepless in Seattle"  Have not been there but have heard the food is great.

Good Luck enjoy your time in Seattle.  I hope your Daughter has a speedy recovey.

Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit