Author Topic: Celestial seasonings Black Cherry Berry Caffeine free Ice tea  (Read 23396 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Celestial seasonings Black Cherry Berry Caffeine free Ice tea
« Reply #-1 on: May 31, 2016, 10:45:02 AM »
Now I know many of you make fresh Sweet Tea or Sun Tea but I love the  Mr. coffee tea maker version.

As our good friend Ron P. would say "set it & forget it"

This is a new flavor for us  as we usually make it with Bigelow Red Raspberry or a mixture of RR & Peach.  Sometimes we even add a little lemon in.

So one of my favorites is four bags of Raspberry & two of peach or three & three.  The I love lemon is great in a mixture....

But the new Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry is great.  *****  Lots of ice!!!!!!

You can add sugar or Stevia if you like it sweeter but plain is very good.   The kids fight over it the three quarts are gone in no time ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pappymn

I am unsweetened ice tea aficionado. Sweet tea is the work of the devil. I used to use the Mr Coffee maker, it did a good job. After trying numerous pre-made teas, and they all had an off taste or after taste. I stumbled on Teajava at Trader Joes. I really like it. I've decided it is the citric acid in the other teas that I don't like. Teajava doesn't have any.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Celestial seasonings Black Cherry Berry Caffeine free Ice tea
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 11:26:09 AM »
Sounds good. We drink a bunch of tea. We can finally make sun tea now  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:04:23 PM »
I am unsweetened ice tea aficionado. Sweet tea is the work of the devil. I used to use the Mr Coffee maker, it did a good job. After trying numerous pre-made teas, and they all had an off taste or after taste. I stumbled on Teajava at Trader Joes. I really like it. I've decided it is the citric acid in the other teas that I don't like. Teajava doesn't have any.

Maybe we can get Gene ( hiker man) to comment about this...I think that if you cold brew using a system like Gene turned me on to ( www.Filtron.com )
 for making the richest, smoothest...NO bitterness coffee concentrate you ever had - would work for making a tea concentrate also.
And the Filtron is cheap....about 40 bucks, requires no power, etc...
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »
I was just at the Traders today!  I will try the tea but I relay don't think these fruit bags are really tea LOL. I can drink this black cherry stuff  by the gallons. ;D ;D ;D

Tee is the thing you are talking about just for coffee or can it be used for tea???
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 03:36:08 PM »

Maybe we can get Gene ( hiker man) to comment about this...I think that if you cold brew using a system like Gene turned me on to ( www.Filtron.com )
 for making the richest, smoothest...NO bitterness coffee concentrate you ever had - would work for making a tea concentrate also.
And the Filtron is cheap....about 40 bucks, requires no power, etc...

I'm thinking the Filtron wouldn't be much good for tea because if you over steep tea it seems to turn overly acidic (tannic I believe). I will look further into this tho.

UPDATE  I checked and Filtron can be used to cold brew tea as well.  Just Google  using Filtron to cold brew tea. Several how-tos show up.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 03:47:47 PM »
Now I know many of you make fresh Sweet Tea or Sun Tea but I love the  Mr. coffee tea maker version.

As our good friend Ron P. would say "set it & forget it"

This is a new flavor for us  as we usually make it with Bigelow Red Raspberry or a mixture of RR & Peach.  Sometimes we even add a little lemon in.

So one of my favorites is four bags of Raspberry & two of peach or three & three.  The I love lemon is great in a mixture....

But the new Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry is great.  *****  Lots of ice!!!!!!

You can add sugar or Stevia if you like it sweeter but plain is very good.   The kids fight over it the three quarts are gone in no time ;) ;) ;)

TG do they have something in the IPA or Brown Ale category? Who could refuse a non-caffeinated cold one? :D

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 04:20:26 PM »
Interesting ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char