Author Topic: Tried to return my air fryer  (Read 8287 times)

Offline Agustine

Tried to return my air fryer
« Reply #-1 on: March 08, 2018, 04:56:59 PM »
The air fryer I bought has performed well but one thing I noticed after 20 or so days of use was the none stick surface was starting to come off. I emailed the company to see if it was covered under warranty so I could get a replacement. This is the email back and forth:

"I purchased this Air Fryer on Feb. 2nd 2018. I have used it and really like it but I have noticed the bottom pot that holds the basket is starting to chip. Bare metal is starting to show. This is very disappointing in a product so new. If this is covered by warranty please let me know how to get replacement parts.
You can view the damage here:"

Their answer was as follows:
"Thank you for contacting us

I reviewed your order and I see that this order was delivered 1/4/2018 10:39 AM
I am sorry but our return or refund policies is 30 days after the product has been received.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Lucille

Customer Service

USASuperstore"

After I received that email I emailed Amazon about the problem. 10 minutes later I had a return sticker sent to me and my money refunded.
Always nice to see Amazon step up to the plate when companies will not.  :thumbup:

Ordered another brand and will review after I get it. 
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline Roget

Re: Tried to return my air fryer
« on: March 08, 2018, 05:02:22 PM »
Glad you got it resolved.
Let's face it though. You have given that sucker a workout.  :D :D :D
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 05:13:56 PM »
too bad.  I'm always concerned about any non-stick surface that is subject to high heat.  I don't need any of that non stick surface stuff floating in my body.

workout or not, not a good sign......
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Agustine

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »
too bad.  I'm always concerned about any non-stick surface that is subject to high heat.  I don't need any of that non stick surface stuff floating in my body.

workout or not, not a good sign......

Yup the reason for the return.
After Amazon got involved the hardest part was trying to figure out how it fit into the box it came in LOL
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline Pappymn

Tried to return my air fryer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 06:13:32 PM »
Amazon always makes it right. They flat out deliver great service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RAD

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 07:17:33 PM »
i had the same issue but never thought about trying to return it. I use the heck out of it.
Love to cook and eat

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 07:35:04 PM »
Augustine....I wonder if any of the manufacturers out there make a stainless basket? Anxious to hear what brand you returned, and what you are replacing with.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »
Power XL Fryers have a real defect in the drip tray.  I have the original Power XL and the newer Power Fryer oven.  Both their drip trays have this problem and within two months of use each.  Their warranty is really weak too, only 60 days and only for the original owner.  I was given both of these units as gifts, and warranty is not covered.  The only thing that seems to work good on these units is for frozen French fries and tater tots.  I tried to use the rotisserie for two Cornish hens and they were too long on the rod.  A 4 pound whole chicken hit the bottom of the tray when rotating.  They appear to have gotten too much hype from their TV infomercials.  Sure glad that I did not buy them, and they were gifts. 

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 07:47:15 PM »
Power XL Fryers have a real defect in the drip tray.  I have the original Power XL and the newer Power Fryer oven.  Both their drip trays have this problem and within two months of use each.  Their warranty is really weak too, only 60 days and only for the original owner.  I was given both of these units as gifts, and warranty is not covered.  The only thing that seems to work good on these units is for frozen French fries and tater tots.  I tried to use the rotisserie for two Cornish hens and they were too long on the rod.  A 4 pound whole chicken hit the bottom of the tray when rotating.  They appear to have gotten too much hype from their TV infomercials.  Sure glad that I did not buy them, and they were gifts.

I don't know if this helps anyone...But- I have a Power Fryer XL. I have NEVER washed the basket in the dishwasher. Harsh chemicals in the dishwashing detergent and extreme heat are not good for a number of things.....
I usually just wipe it clean, or  if needed, warm water and liquid dish detergent..
And, I have no issues with the coating coming off, nor anything sticking...so maybe I am lucky on this - or maybe a change in how these are cleaned may help others?
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline skidog

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 07:52:58 PM »
Mine the coating chipped a little, the bottom drip area is domed slightly in the middle and the basket rubs there. That's why i bought the silicone trivet and put that under the basket. Now it doesn't rub.

Glad Amazon hooked you up. Pretty tough to beat when it comes to returns etc.
1985 Weber Genesis
SRG
Cook-Air
BS 28in griddle
Kingsford 22in charcoal grill
Anova
Cuisinart griddler
IP 6qt
GMG DC

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 07:56:34 PM »
our Power Air Fryer XL, just gets wiped out or hand washed.  Our Copper Chef pan on the other hand, sticks like the dickens.............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 07:59:47 PM »
One of the reasons I bought the Cuisinart TOA60 is because of the all stainless steel trays, baskets, grids and interior/ exterior.  The instructions say the parts are not to be used in a dishwasher so we don't.  When air frying foods that are prone to sticking we simply spray the wire stainless basket with some PAM and the cleanup is simple.  When using the stainless steel tray for baking or broiling just line it with some foil sprayed with pam, when done just throw the foil away and cleanup is done.  When using the wire rack for toast which we used tonight for garlic bread just pull out the crumb tray below and wipe clean. 
Non stick is nice but not at high temps.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Roget

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 09:21:44 PM »
I have the original Power XL and the newer Power Fryer oven. I tried to use the rotisserie for two Cornish hens and they were too long on the rod.  A 4 pound whole chicken hit the bottom of the tray when rotating. 

I'm surprised you couldn't cook a 4 lb. bird on the rotisserie.
I cooked a 4.75 lb. without it dragging. (I did have it trussed up pretty good)  ;) ;)
I haven't tried cornish hens yet. I have a couple in the freezer I will pull out and see if I can get them on the spit.

I really like mine for making shish kabobs.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline Agustine

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 02:19:43 AM »
Augustine....I wonder if any of the manufacturers out there make a stainless basket? Anxious to hear what brand you returned, and what you are replacing with.

Not sure on the stainless basket, thinking manufacturers want to make these as cheap as possible you will not find one in the 100-200 dollar price range. Maybe some high end one but I'm not paying 500 bucks to air fry some chicken wings lol.

The one I ordered from Amazon looks like a clone of the last one I had but a tad bigger. Old one was 3.2 QT and this one is 3.7 Qt. It was a lower price and has higher ratings. It also has the option of the Universal Air Fryer Accessories Including Cake Barrel Pizza Pan Metal Holder Skewer Rack with 4 Skewers and Silicone Mat.
Said I should get it around the 20th on March.

Offline Agustine

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 09:29:30 AM »
Received my new Air Fryer this morning and it is a clone of my old one with just a different name. lol
Should not be to hard to getting used to using it if thats the case. :)

The Universal Air Fryer Accessories will come in handy for sure. I like the  Skewer Rack with 4 Skewers, the pizza pan is for a mini pizza but the little cake pot\pan will be handy for a lot of things.
Going to have to break it in with some chicken wings tonight.