Author Topic: MEATER wireless smart meat thermometer  (Read 13670 times)

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
MEATER wireless smart meat thermometer
« Reply #-1 on: February 01, 2019, 11:03:31 AM »
Interesting idea...

https://meater.com/
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: MEATER wireless smart meat thermometer
« on: February 01, 2019, 11:08:32 AM »
Interesting idea...

https://meater.com/
It is but to high tech for me  :D     
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »
That's kinda cool.  Not much range on it. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline retfr8flyr

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 11:45:07 PM »
I have had the Meater since it became available. I got it for doing Jotisserie cooks on my Kamado Joe Big Joe. I hated having to lift the lid, to see what the temp was, of whatever I was cooking. The new model has a lot better range than the original that I have but I have an old phone, that I just connect to the Meater and then leave it at the grill. I can monitor everything through wifi with my regular phone, so the range thing doesn't bother me. I don't know of any other device that will work with a rotisserie and this thing works great, it's accurate and gives me the meat temp and the cooking air temp. The only thing I am not happy about is that there isn't any way to replace the battery, so eventually, when it fails to hold a charge, it's throw away time. I wish they could have made it replaceable, even if you had to send it back, it would be better then throwing it away.
Earl
Grills are Kamado Joe Big Joe, Akorn, Akorn Jr. and  Camp Chef Flat Top 600 griddle

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 12:14:54 PM »
I have had the Meater since it became available. I got it for doing Jotisserie cooks on my Kamado Joe Big Joe. I hated having to lift the lid, to see what the temp was, of whatever I was cooking. The new model has a lot better range than the original that I have but I have an old phone, that I just connect to the Meater and then leave it at the grill. I can monitor everything through wifi with my regular phone, so the range thing doesn't bother me. I don't know of any other device that will work with a rotisserie and this thing works great, it's accurate and gives me the meat temp and the cooking air temp. The only thing I am not happy about is that there isn't any way to replace the battery, so eventually, when it fails to hold a charge, it's throw away time. I wish they could have made it replaceable, even if you had to send it back, it would be better then throwing it away.

Interesting. I was wondering what would be a compelling reason to use the MEATER, and... rotisserie!
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle