Author Topic: Trip to La.  (Read 917 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Trip to La.
« Reply #-1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:03:45 PM »
Went back to Louisiana this weekend to retrieve my mom from her sisters.   When Kerry goes with me we always take an extra day or two and explore the back roads
and any thing we think might be of interest. 
 I have made several purchases from Shopperschoice.com on Amazon and noticed they are located in Baton Rouge.  They have a outdoor patio display area and we went to see it.   First off the folks could not be nicer or more helpful. Outstanding service!   We went in the door and I started drooling right away. Grills and gadgets galore. DCS appliances on display and all the refrigerators are stocked with cokes water etc that customers are welcome too.  Cool stuff in every direction to the point its hard to decide which way to start.  The second room has cast iron and other pots along with SS cabinet displays etc etc..
 Then out the door to the warehouse is the scratch and dent area. There I found a 6 foot grill you could put a Large hog in... Kerry said I could be buried in it and I could literally lay down inside of it. 
 Then out to the outdoor patio display area. They have this set up with individual patios filled with grills ,ovens fire pits and everything else for patio living.  If there is a grill , oven etc you want to try you can bring you steaks and cook them right there on whichever grill you like.  They even have a chef every other weekend.
 If you are going through Baton Rouge block off an hour to visit this place. it's easy to get to from I-12 or I-10. 
I'll post a couple picks. You can see a virtual tour on line.  (No I don't work for them)
 After leaving we visited Best Stop  in Scott La for Stuffed boneless chicken, boudin and other Cajun treats. Will post some pics as I go through those. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:07:37 PM by tlg4942 »
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
Re: Trip to La.
« on: July 29, 2013, 07:34:33 PM »

You are bringing this too the gathering ::)
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:40:04 PM »
Terry,   What a  great place!  What were the prices like?  It's a good thing I ain't rich cause I'd have to live in an airplane hanger to keep all the stuff I'd buy.  Look forward to seeing you at the end of September.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:41:35 PM »
Well............if you can't cook on it, they certainly can bury you in it.  :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. It looks like an aluminum coffin in the photo. Saw plenty of those. Guess I just had a flash back.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 07:43:22 PM »
Terry they are the place I bought my Memphis pellet grill from. Their customer service is top notch! And being a Amazon seller allows them to benefit from the flexible interest only payments available on the Amazon store card ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 02:42:40 AM »
Terry, I'm gonna have to stop there on my next trip through. Looks like it is a place I would like to see.