Author Topic: ROAD TRIP  (Read 5251 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: ROAD TRIP
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »
Don,  Folks here have said some nice things to you but left out the most important===TAKE YOUR OWN TOILET PAPER!!!!! See you when you get back. Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 01:34:01 AM »
Be safe  and have a great trip .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 10:34:22 AM »
Don,  Folks here have said some nice things to you but left out the most important===TAKE YOUR OWN TOILET PAPER!!!!! See you when you get back. Dee

You might want to take a privacy screen also, have you seen the pictures of the toilets over there?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »

You might want to take a privacy screen also, have you seen the pictures of the toilets over there?
Get your paper early too..only 1 roll or get the 1st seat.    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2014, 11:13:47 AM »
Shoot, I don't see why all those concern about  the two seater toilets over there.  When I went into the Army the barracks had about 12 or so lined up against the wall and folks just carried on conversations as if nothing was different.  Of course, that was an improvement for some of us. It was only 9 years earlier that I was going on a two seater out in the back yard.  Which was better than the Turtle who had come straight from their two seater to the barracks. ;)  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2014, 11:59:36 AM »
Actually it was the neighbor's two-holer. Before their renovation and grand opening we ... uh, never mind.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 01:28:45 PM »
I just got off the phone with Don and he's in Connetticut(-1 sp) and it's wheels  up this afternoon.  He ain't really looking forward to this.  He'll be there until around the end of Feb and then back here for a couple of weeks before going back over to the paraolympics in March.  He said they had already shipped 330 30' containers of stuff over and have a bunch of big airplane loads go go. If  you have ever been involved in logistics you can imagine what it must be like being on the ground receiving  all this stuff from everywhere in the world and moving it to where it's supposed to go.  NBC takes everything with them--food, water, clothing, toilet articles et al---and never buys anything in the host country.  Smart move.

Pray for Don that everything will go well for him and he will return safely to us.

Dee

Offline Northshore

ROAD TRIP
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2014, 03:18:50 PM »
Last I heard their T Paper were seconds from Gillette.  Might help to take P B & J along too. Bread is usually easy to find.
Safe travels.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2014, 06:51:12 PM »
Don, be careful and keep alert to your surroundings. It sounds like the crazies might be out in force over there. Keep us as informed as you can. Seriously you and all those who are over there will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »
OK, guys, leaving tomorrow and heading back to Sochi (actually Adler) Russia for another couple of weeks. I didn't realize how much I miss all you guys and gals when I am gone. All ready can't wait to get back. Keep the fires burning while I'm gone and I'll be dreaming about all the good food that you will be cooking. Somebody tell Dee that I am gone so he won't worry. See y'all in a couple of weeks.

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 02:12:04 PM »
OK, guys, leaving tomorrow and heading back to Sochi (actually Adler) Russia for another couple of weeks. I didn't realize how much I miss all you guys and gals when I am gone. All ready can't wait to get back. Keep the fires burning while I'm gone and I'll be dreaming about all the good food that you will be cooking. Somebody tell Dee that I am gone so he won't worry. See y'all in a couple of weeks.
Are they still sending you there with all the stuff going on with the Ukrane? It looks like it could get ugly over there... be safe man!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline RAD

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2014, 05:30:29 PM »
Are they still sending you there with all the stuff going on with the Ukrane? It looks like it could get ugly over there... be safe man!
X2 - Really
Love to cook and eat

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2014, 01:38:32 AM »
Hey, guys and gals, guess who's back. Got back to Houston early this morning. I'm really happy to be home and finished with the traveling circus. Just checking in with everybody to see if everyone behaved while I was away. I'm going to be sleeping for the next couple of days just to catch up on my sleep schedule. I really missed checking in with y'all from Russia, but I'm glad to be back home. Thanks for all the advice and well wishes. It is greatly appreciated.

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2014, 02:30:10 AM »
So are you going back to cover the Crimea-Ukraine football matches? Might be some officiating issues since Putin is scheduling himself as referee.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2014, 02:54:42 AM »
So are you going back to cover the Crimea-Ukraine football matches? Might be some officiating issues since Putin is scheduling himself as referee.

No, Turtle, I think Fox News won the bid for the broadcast rights to that game. You think that the game might be fixed?