Author Topic: Show us your 2014 Garden  (Read 25688 times)

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
Re: Show us your 2014 Garden
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2014, 06:28:04 PM »
They really do seem alien!!   I wish I could do a timelapse to see how far those grow in a day, it just seems surreal with those weird little curly tendrils helping the vine pull itself along the fencing.   

I kind of threw the pumpkin seeds in there for a lark, so they're not even in one of the beds-- just inside one of the holes in the cinder block we used to make the beds.  Certainly doesn't seem to be slowing it down any.  We planned on feeding the pumpkins to the goats and chickens-- looks like they're going to have quite the spread this Fall! 

MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »
Lookin' good Kat,see you have lots of cool stuff going on right now.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2014, 09:59:47 AM »
Very happy with what I'm getting off my plants. I get a container like this every second day which is plenty for me.

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2014, 12:00:53 PM »
Amazing Don, two months ago you had 4' of snow and now you have ripe tomatoes. Ours are all still green ??? Nice looking mators.

Offline spuds

« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2014, 11:53:22 PM »
Great harvest Don.Ive got a billion flowers now and some cherry toms for eating now.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »
Pete,how is this years garden?

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2015, 11:39:11 AM »
Pete, how is this years garden?

Alas this year's garden did not produce up to my expectations. We were planning on being gone all Summer in the RV so I didn't plant a garden. Then I was contacted by Ulysses Press about writing The Wood Pellet Smoker and Grill Cookbook. Plans changed and I've been working on the book for a couple of months now. Since I was staying home this Summer I planted a garden just for grins. Here's what it looked like in it's early days.

The book has basically taken most of my time which means I've been remiss in maintaining the garden. I've also noticed for a few years now that the bee population just isn't what it used to be and should be. My squash for example had zillions of flowers but only produced a couple of squash every few days. I'm sorry to say that I let the garden go ... My tomatoes have been OK though. Here's what my weed garden looks like his morning!

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline spuds

« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2015, 03:55:09 PM »
Still looking good Pete.Looks like a lot to harvest yet.  ;)