Author Topic: Greetings from Salt Lake City  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Greetings from Salt Lake City
« Reply #-1 on: June 26, 2014, 02:06:45 AM »
Made it up to SLC today on the Harley, Mrs. LVC has a business trip up here and her company flies her up.  She wanted me to come up on a trip with her and meet everyone that she works with in Utah.  So I got on the road at 0500 this morning and made it here in 6 1/2 hours, the sun was brutal as it came up this morning, the first 90 minutes heading east out of Las Vegas I could not see beyond my windshield.  Once I got past St. George UT conditions were much better, sun was up out of my eyes, I-15 turned more north, and the legal speed limit was 80mph.

Went to Squatters Pub in downtown SLC and had a few Polygamy Porters.

Did some bar hopping around town and now back at the hotel.  Tomorrow morning she goes to work and I'm getting on the Harley and going for a ride.  ;D
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Greetings from Salt Lake City
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:41:50 AM »
Nice road trip.  Been a couple of years since I've been to SLC.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:58:08 AM »
80 mph??? I dont even own a vehicle at this time thats comfortable more than 65??!! ???
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 08:27:26 AM »
Enjoy the road trip!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 08:29:16 AM »
Love road trips!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
 Ill be in SLC in August. Going to school in Colorado Springs and then driving up to SLC for a few days to see my brother in the cancer center out there. Hopefully he will be out by then and in an apartment.
 My son is going with me so it should be a pretty fun trip. Will have to check out Squatters...
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:37 AM »
Ill be in SLC in August. Going to school in Colorado Springs and then driving up to SLC for a few days to see my brother in the cancer center out there. Hopefully he will be out by then and in an apartment.
 My son is going with me so it should be a pretty fun trip. Will have to check out Squatters...

If you like beer you'll love Squaters.   I tried their amber ales, porters, and stouts it was all good.  I also like their <a href="http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cask_ale">cask conditioned brews</a> they change the flavors but I always have at least one of whatever they have.
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 01:45:19 AM »
80 mph??? I dont even own a vehicle at this time thats comfortable more than 65??!! ???

Get yourself a Harley, they cruise real nice between 80 and 100. ;)
----------------------

Offline RAD

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 06:36:00 AM »
That sounds like a great trip.

Did you hear about the electric Harley? 0-60 in 4 seconds. It is still a concept and by the  time they start selling them I bet it will be a bit louder

Love to cook and eat

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 09:21:30 AM »
Last night at dinner someone told me about this electric Harley.  They will definitely have to do something about the sound.  ;)
----------------------

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 02:06:17 PM »
LVC, that's a fun road trip. Enjoy. By the way, come to Texas where we have a few roads that will let you go 85.

Sorry, I should have read all the info ya'll gave on resizing pics a few days ago, but I went to the Dee Stafford school of resizing. I'll read it now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline hikerman

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 02:19:05 PM »
Looks like you are a kid in the candy store again LVC!  8)
Be safe out there brother!

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 07:32:16 PM »
Sure sounds like a lot of fun.

As for those speeds,if I wasnt putt putting 95% of time on twisty mtn roads but in the flatlands,would have to get me a serious road warrior car again.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.