Author Topic: Rendezvous ribs idea  (Read 784 times)

Offline Lemonhead78

Rendezvous ribs idea
« Reply #-1 on: March 09, 2019, 06:48:01 AM »
So I have the famous rendezvous seasoning . I see that they cook their ribs hot and fast over charcoal only no wood. They baste it with a vinegar mop a few times . They don’t use dry rub. Just  a vinegar mop and than after an hour to hour an a half when done a final baste of vinegar followed by a coating of their seasoning. Sounds like if I use my pbc with the vent wide open I would get the same effect right ? Should I leave vent wide open or keep the lid cracked to achieve the high temp ? I want to do this
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline Kona

Re: Rendezvous ribs idea
« on: March 12, 2019, 11:20:03 AM »
I think my only concern would be with the higher temps it may have more of a chance to burn the ends of the ribs. I would think cutting them in half would be necessary to try and avoid that. You could essentially just let the coals get hotter before hanging the meat and not worry about the vent or lid. Maybe remove a rebar if you're only using one side to hang. My fear would be the coals burning out before the 1.5 hours if they're burning hotter.
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC

Offline Lemonhead78

Re: Rendezvous ribs idea
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 08:18:36 PM »
Good advice kona. I’m going to post pics of the cook. It’s going to have to wait until next weekend though .
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker