Author Topic: 18 Best BBQ Spots In America???  (Read 2663 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: 18 Best BBQ Spots In America???
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 12:22:08 AM »
There was a place in Little Rock, Ark. It has only 1 table and a window. It is a house in a neighborhood. My "guide" / business associate told me that it was a place that had been in business for generations and grandfathered into the neighborhood. Oh my goodness, the best BBQ I have ever had. I do not pretend to be an expert but I know what I like and I liked this. The say the original owner used to sell out of the window. His son added the table. And the grandson kept it going.... best BBQ in my life! Sad thing I have no idea how to find it again....
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »
There was a place in Little Rock, Ark. It has only 1 table and a window. It is a house in a neighborhood. My "guide" / business associate told me that it was a place that had been in business for generations and grandfathered into the neighborhood. Oh my goodness, the best BBQ I have ever had. I do not pretend to be an expert but I know what I like and I liked this. The say the original owner used to sell out of the window. His son added the table. And the grandson kept it going.... best BBQ in my life! Sad thing I have no idea how to find it again....

That sounds like a place I need to go to.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »

Getting old sucks don't it.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 09:19:46 AM »
Not sure why they included Jim 'N Nicks in Montgomery since their home is in Birmingham but it is pretty good BBQ and they are right about the cheese cornbread biscuits. There is one about 2 miles from my house and we eat there now and then. Like I said it is "pretty good" BBQ but I don't know if it is one of the top 18 in the country. The original location in Birmingham was fantastic but like so many places when it changed owners and became a chain it became more bland.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware