Author Topic: The Big Easy Turkey + Two Stick Turkey  (Read 4781 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
The Big Easy Turkey + Two Stick Turkey
« Reply #-1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:28:13 PM »
The Big Easy turkey is as EASY as 1-2-3

All you need to do is clean the bird and pat dry the skin oil and S/P drop it in the basket then set it in the chamber turn the unit on and wait for the turkey to be done!

Now if you want to do something the will be remembered long after Turkey day try this one

TMB's 2 Stick Turkey.......

All you need is 2 sticks real butter 2 to 3 Tbs of you favorite seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash or Tee's W.O.W seasoning) 

Melt 1 1/2 Tbs butter is a sauce pan add the seasoning stir turn off heat and let it come together for 30 mins.  After it  cools use it for injection .  Inject breast, thighs and legs, then use the rest of what's in the pan as a bath for the outside.   Cook as you would any bird in TBE, SRG or BEESR and you will have a turkey that will not be forgotten

Ask anyone who tried it back at  the 2012 gathering

[attachments deleted after 6 months]
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: The Big Easy Turkey + Two Stick Turkey
« on: November 07, 2014, 01:35:23 PM »
Sounds great Tommy, I've used butter on the Thanksgiving turkey similar to the way you described and it was fantastic.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 02:52:50 PM »
Can't go wrong with butter ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 05:51:53 PM »
Can't go wrong with butter ;)

And bacon too!!! ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 09:18:01 PM »
Tommy thanks for posting...... I was just about to ask a good way to cook a  turkey on the SRG....I remember you posting this before, but I forgot. That forgetful thing seens to happen more often these days  ;D. I think I will give it a test run on a whole chicken. ;D
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 11:03:12 PM »
When it comes to infrared, ya do what Tommy says and you cant go wrong  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 08:33:28 AM »
Thanks for posting this Tommy!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 09:14:04 AM »
I had that turkey at the gathering and it was fabulous...only difference is that I add lots of gahhlick to mine. I smash gahhlick in my butter then strain it before injecting. I don't even peel the gahhlick.  Pam    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline dms269

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 09:55:02 AM »

All you need is 2 sticks real butter 2 to 3 Tbs of you favorite seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash or Tee's W.O.W seasoning) 

Melt 1 1/2 Tbs butter is a sauce pan add the seasoning stir turn off heat and let it come together for 30 mins.  After it  cools use it for injection .  Inject breast, thighs and legs, then use the rest of what's in the pan as a bath for the outside.   Cook as you would any bird in TBE, SRG or BEESR and you will have a turkey that will not be forgotten

So what happens to the rest of the butter? The other stick+?

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 10:28:57 PM »

Brush it on the skin before cooking
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline dms269

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 02:38:21 PM »

I read it as melt only 1 1/2 tbs of butter and use it as injection and then use what was left from melting that 1 1/2 tbs to brush on the skin.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 07:34:51 PM »

I read it as melt only 1 1/2 tbs of butter and use it as injection and then use what was left from melting that 1 1/2 tbs to brush on the skin.
Sorry, meant to reread the post and make sure I didn't forget something or leave out steps :( :( :(
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline burkely

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 03:14:59 PM »
The Big Easy turkey is as EASY as 1-2-3

All you need to do is clean the bird and pat dry the skin oil and S/P drop it in the basket then set it in the chamber turn the unit on and wait for the turkey to be done!

Now if you want to do something the will be remembered long after Turkey day try this one

TMB's 2 Stick Turkey.......

Ask anyone who tried it back at  the 2012 gathering

I used this method with some Instant Gourmet seasoning for an early Thanksgiving party last weekend and will probably use the same thing (x2 birds) for the real celebration next week.
Next week, I will try brushing it on the outside before I inject in order to get a more even coating before the melted butter congeals...I always forget to try this in my excitement to get things cooking.

[attachments deleted after 6 months]

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 04:03:26 PM »
Maybe I am trying to read too much into this too, but 1 1/2 tbs of butter to inject, does not seem like enough for a whole turkey??  That amount would hardly do a leg and thigh.  I want to do this for my turkey, so I want it to be right.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 04:30:22 PM »
Maybe I am trying to read too much into this too, but 1 1/2 tbs of butter to inject, does not seem like enough for a whole turkey??  That amount would hardly do a leg and thigh.  I want to do this for my turkey, so I want it to be right.
I find (for me) this works well, heck use as much as you need to  ;)

No rules on how to cook here, this was something I found that works well for me ;) ;) ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker