Author Topic: CP CS Ribs in CG, Spaghetti Squash and Brussles Sprouts  (Read 473 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
CP CS Ribs in CG, Spaghetti Squash and Brussles Sprouts
« Reply #-1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:16:51 AM »
Jan 21 2016

I had a spaghetti squash to have and got 3 bone in country style ribs at my butcher. My first thoughts were BBQ but even though it was nice enough to use the smoker I was too lazy. I would do them in the Crockpot and smother them in country gravy for something different. I went to the grocer today and found a bag of shredded Brussles sprouts so they would be good sauteed with some bacon.

I like to cut the spaghetti squash when raw, much easier getting the seeds out. I use a grapefruit spoon to scoop them out. Every time I cut through their hard skin I am amazed I didn't cut a finger off. I tried something different this time I nuked it in the microwave for 5 minutes on high. That worked well, it was much easier to cut in half and the seeds still come out well.

I always do the squash in the oven, at 350 deg.; season with Penzey's sandwich sprinkle, place cut side down on a foil lined sheet pan with a pat of butter under each one, and bake for an hour. When done I scoop out the meat in a large bowl with 4 to 6 pats of butter and serve. Everyone can add more seasoning if they want. Parmesan cheese is good on it too.

I browned the ribs in a hot skillet with some clarified butter for 4 minutes each side then in the Crockpot. I deglazed the pan with about 6 oz. Of water and added that to the ribs. Crockpot was set on high and after about 45 minutes I made the country gravy. I use Pioneer brand mix; it tastes as good as I can make myself and a lot easier. After 3 hours on high I went to low for the last hour.

The last 10 minutes I heated some clarified butter in a hot skillet sauteed a few minutes and added some salt, pepper and bacon crumbles and stirred cooking another few minutes.

I had some King's Hawaiian  dinner rolls; I like the sweet taste of it. The wife and daughter like this meal as well as me. The ribs were fall apart tender; I shredded mine up and added more gravy. Note I left one of the rolls open so you could see I got my butter fix too!

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline hikerman

Re: CP CS Ribs in CG, Spaghetti Squash and Brussles Sprouts
« on: January 22, 2016, 09:34:08 AM »
That looks awesome Don!  Especially for a cold Winter's night!

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: CP CS Ribs in CG, Spaghetti Squash and Brussles Sprouts
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:03:07 AM »
Great looking meal, Don!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS