Author Topic: Arby's Smoked Brisket  (Read 17027 times)

Offline Ericd3043

Arby's Smoked Brisket
« Reply #-1 on: September 30, 2016, 07:03:53 PM »
I had to at least say I tried this after seeing multiple commercials for their new sandwiches - Smoked Brisket, Pork Belly and Smoked Turkey.   I only tried the Smoked Brisket, but may be tempted to try the Pork Belly soon.

First the meat - it actually had a nice smoke ring and was pretty tender.  Not as juicy and I would like but better than some restaurants that should know better.

The sandwich also came with fried onion strands/ rings - there were not many of these, but added some good flavor and crunch.  They topped the meat with mayo and BBQ sauce (I think it was their tangy BBQ).  The bun was soft and pretty good for the sandwich.

Overall, I paid $5.80 for the sandwich and got a side of Onion rings for free (had a coupon for a small order of steakhouse rings).  I could do without the rings - nothing special.  However, for the $6 for the meal, it was not a bad deal.

I will probably go back for the Smoked Brisket again - have to find another coupon to make it worth the effort.  I thought I saw one for buy one/ get one free - which would be perfect.  It is not the best in the world, but it holds its own.

Offline Pappymn

Arby's Smoked Brisket
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:04:45 PM »
Cool. Arby's without coupons gets a bit pricy for fast food.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Ericd3043

Re: Arby's Smoked Brisket
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:33:22 PM »
Totally agree... I love their rubens - but without the coupons, I just never go.

Offline Pappymn

Arby's Smoked Brisket
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:53:55 PM »
I worked at an Arby's for two years when I was in highschool. Funnest job I ever had. Lot of late night shenanigans. They were addicted to coupons even back then......
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Arby's Smoked Brisket
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 12:14:43 AM »
I love their market fresh sammies like the BLT.

Got an Arby's right down the street from me now :thumbup:
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven