Author Topic: Off to go see the Falcons play the Chargers at the GA Dome!  (Read 2063 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Off to go see the Falcons play the Chargers at the GA Dome!
« Reply #-1 on: October 23, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
Since I will not be grilling or smoking today, I expect y'all to pick up the slack :) I'll check in when I get home to see the great gameday eats that I missed!

Go Falcons!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Off to go see the Falcons play the Chargers at the GA Dome!
« on: October 23, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
No Tailgating RG ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? I am sure there will be some good eats in the parking lots :D :D :D :D
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 09:33:00 PM »
Not much of a tailgater. To be honest I don't normally attend games but my wife likes to go once a year.  I wanted to stay home and wish we did, the Falcons lead 27-10 at the half then let the Chargers come back and tie 30 all. THEN lost in overtime. I love'em but they drive me NUTS!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Subvet

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 10:33:55 PM »
I had to cheer on the Chargers today because the punter and placekicker are great Texas Aggies. You can blame Josh Lambo for nailing that winning field goal.  :thumbup: #Gigem
-- Ron --
The Good One Open Range Smoker/Grill
Grilla OG
Weber Genesis III
Weber 22"  Master Touch Kettle
Grill Grates
Vortex (Medium)
Slow 'n Sear
Drip 'n Grill

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 12:29:34 AM »
Not much of a tailgater. To be honest I don't normally attend games but my wife likes to go once a year.  I wanted to stay home and wish we did, the Falcons lead 27-10 at the half then let the Chargers come back and tie 30 all. THEN lost in overtime. I love'em but they drive me NUTS!

IF I may? What did you do for food at the game? Stadium Food?
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »
We ate at a pizza place in the CNN Center food court. It was edible, not great.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 03:01:40 PM »

every year I would get one hotdog at a jets game even though we cooked in the parking lot...just one.

$7.00 for the worst hotdog you could buy the roll was so dry it would break apart in my hand. 
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 10:03:07 PM »

every year I would get one hotdog at a jets game even though we cooked in the parking lot...just one.

$7.00 for the worst hotdog you could buy the roll was so dry it would break apart in my hand.

LOL! I know those hotdogs! They suck but they are like a tradition! Speaking of dogs, a friend of mine from Buffalo (now lives in Charlotte) got me hooked on Sahlen's, I LOVE those things! I can't buy them in Georgia, well at least not conveniently. There is a place that serves them, cooked over charcoal but they will sell you a 5lb package of them for close to $40.00 after tax. I made the 1 hour drive to get a package once and split them up into 4 dog packs and froze them. I was sad when they ran out :P

Now, out of the blue, my buddy tells me that Publix is to start carrying them at ALL 1100+ stores! That makes me happy!

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 09:35:50 AM »

LOL! I know those hotdogs! They suck but they are like a tradition! Speaking of dogs, a friend of mine from Buffalo (now lives in Charlotte) got me hooked on Sahlen's, I LOVE those things! I can't buy them in Georgia, well at least not conveniently. There is a place that serves them, cooked over charcoal but they will sell you a 5lb package of them for close to $40.00 after tax. I made the 1 hour drive to get a package once and split them up into 4 dog packs and froze them. I was sad when they ran out :P

Now, out of the blue, my buddy tells me that Publix is to start carrying them at ALL 1100+ stores! That makes me happy!

1) You can  order them on-line..$$$$$   https://store.citymade.com/shop-by-brands/sahlen-s.html?___SID=U&limit=9

2) They will private label them for us    TEE time hot dogs has a ring to it.  lets see we could divide the 5,000 packages among us ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 04:50:50 PM »
Wow! You ain't kiddin'!! Those jokers are $$$$$$$!

For that money, I'd made the drive and get them but I'll wait to see if Publix gets them in soon. If so, it'll be a great thing. I normally am not nuts over hotdogs but ever since Dan (the guy in Charlotte) made them at one of the Keg Forum Member Get Togethers (Kegtoberfest 2014) I was hooked! He served them on some nice rolls and had balsamic ketchup as well as mustard of course. I know some say it's wrong to put ketchup on a dog but I guess I'll just have to be wrong! That Heinz Balsamic is some good sh......stuff!! :P

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 05:00:21 PM »
Wow! You ain't kiddin'!! Those jokers are $$$$$$$!

For that money, I'd made the drive and get them but I'll wait to see if Publix gets them in soon. If so, it'll be a great thing. I normally am not nuts over hotdogs but ever since Dan (the guy in Charlotte) made them at one of the Keg Forum Member Get Togethers (Kegtoberfest 2014) I was hooked! He served them on some nice rolls and had balsamic ketchup as well as mustard of course. I know some say it's wrong to put ketchup on a dog but I guess I'll just have to be wrong! That Heinz Balsamic is some good sh......stuff!! :P

I guess I am wrong too...ketchup & mustard on a dog for me
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RAD

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 05:39:10 PM »
Thanks RG. I lived in Buffalo and totally forgot about the dogs. I will be looking for them at Publix this week.
Love to cook and eat

Offline RG

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »
Thanks RG. I lived in Buffalo and totally forgot about the dogs. I will be looking for them at Publix this week.

Good deal! Let me know if you happen to find them!! I'll make it a point to drop by one if they have them already.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 07:47:48 PM »
no publix near me...need to just look at pictures :'( :'(
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane