Author Topic: Question on Big Easy Oil-Less Infrared Turkey Fryer  (Read 1204 times)

Offline MossyMO

Question on Big Easy Oil-Less Infrared Turkey Fryer
« Reply #-1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:47:15 PM »
Seems many members here have and love these, so I thought this group would be a great place for me to get quality answers!

Locally where I live in the classifieds there is a person selling Big Easy Oil-Less Infrared Turkey Fryer, brand new in the box and it is a model #08101480; the seller is asking $95 or best offer.

Char-Broil having 3 models is confusing to me. Is this model that is for sale a good choice or is there another model I should consider? Any information I can get would be appreciated as I have next to no knowledge on these units... thanks in advance!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Question on Big Easy Oil-Less Infrared Turkey Fryer
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »
I think the original Big Easy model you listed ( gas fired, middle sized unit) is the best value overall. It will cook a 15 lb. turkey easily. There are plenty of accessories. You should get it for less than the $95 tho - they have been on sale at Lowes for $79, new in the box.

You will need a cover for it!

BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Question on Big Easy Oil-Less Infrared Turkey Fryer
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:08:13 PM »
Ditto. They had them at lowes here also for $79 also at Academy

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline txpops

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 09:11:38 PM »
I would go for the Smoker Roaster Grill, commonly referred to as the SRG. The SRG is bigger than the original big easy and it has smoke box, fill it with your choice of wood chips or pellets to impart a slight smoky flavor. It also comes with a round grill that can sit on top. I bought one several months ago and I love it.  It is more expensive but well worth it IMHO.

Mike
Original Bradley smoker w/dual element mod
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil Beesr
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator

Offline MossyMO

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 10:48:48 PM »
Thanks for the replies, very helpful. Before I posted I had messaged the seller for the model number; since then she has messaged me making sure I got her reply. I just messaged her letting her know the model she has goes on sale for $79 every now and then at LOWES and Academy Sports, now we will see how she replies...
That SRG model is the one I have been eye balling the most, but if the seller comes back with a quite reasonable price n this one I may just have to get it!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:50:36 PM by MossyMO »