Author Topic: Rec Tecd some dogs today  (Read 2793 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Rec Tecd some dogs today
« Reply #-1 on: February 23, 2013, 07:23:09 PM »
Can't shake this darn flu..7 days and going strong...worked 50 hours this week, so you know Smokeasurus aint no wimp  ;) I tell ya if this flu hangs on any longer I am gonna start charging it room and board  >:( :D

Used my grill grates that my brotha Robbie (Kora Smoker) got me for Christmas and I tell ya this was a nice easy cook.....

Gonna grub and get some shut eye.........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Rec Tecd some dogs today
« on: February 23, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »
Hey Smoke - I'm with you - 3 weeks and I STILL have the cough! But you gotta keep going and your cook looks good. Thanks!

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 07:28:31 PM »
Hey Smoke - I'm with you - 3 weeks and I STILL have the cough! But you gotta keep going and your cook looks good. Thanks!

David

Yesterday after work I was getting some spare ribs (tomorrows cook) at the little Mexican Market behind my work and the owner was telling me he can't keep the cold and flu medicine on the shelves right now....seems like everybody is sick these days......
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Pappymn

Rec Tecd some dogs today
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »
New shiny grill grates. Hang in there Smoke. Has to end eventually.

Just curious......did you get a flu shot?
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 07:37:56 PM »
No, my neighbor years ago got a bad flu shot and got guyon barre syndrome from it. He lost all of his muscles and was in a motorized wheelchair the rest of his life..he died two years ago....I will never ever get a flu shot...............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 07:38:04 PM »
Those dogs look pretty good Smoke. I am a locksmith for 30 schools, I have to work on dirty door handles daily. I go through antibacterial wipes and latex gloves like nobodies business. I got the flu about 6 years ago and ended up in the hospital for a week with kidney failure so drink your fluids mister :)

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 07:39:01 PM »
Quote from: Smokeasaurus
I tell ya if this flu hangs on any longer I am gonna start charging it room and board.

Buddy, this is one stubborn Flu. Mine's been hanging on for two weeks now, so take care of yourself!

<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Pappymn

Rec Tecd some dogs today
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »
No, my neighbor years ago got a bad flu shot and got guyon barre syndrome from it. He lost all of his muscles and was in a motorized wheelchair the rest of his life..he died two years ago....I will never ever get a flu shot...............

That was why I asked. I will never get one either. Doctor tried to brow beat me into one. Had to get in his grill a bit......you're the doctor but I am still in charge.
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 07:43:29 PM »
I think we should have Dr. Sparky make us all up a big batch of his flu concoction  :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 07:43:59 PM »
I am a consultant in the cleaning industry. Hand washing is one of the most important and most neglected things we can do to prevent the spread of diseases like the flu. New strains are resistant to the alcohol based hand sanitizers. Hand washing with soap and water for 30 seconds and drying with paper towels is important. The abrasive action of the towel is important - hand dryers do NOT have the same impact. With our overuse of antibacterials and antimicrobials we have "created" bugs that are very resistant. Good old fashioned hand washing - simply REMOVING the bugs vs. trying to kill them is still the best approach to staying healthy and preventing transmission of the bugs.

Ok - off the soap box....  ;)

David
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »

That was why I asked. I will never get one either. Doctor tried to brow beat me into one. Had to get in his grill a bit......you're the doctor but I am still in charge.

Yup, after all Doctors are just "practicing"...they aint gonna practice on me  :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Pappymn

Rec Tecd some dogs today
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 07:49:46 PM »
I am a consultant in the cleaning industry. Hand washing is one of the most important and most neglected things we can do to prevent the spread of diseases like the flu. New strains are resistant to the alcohol based hand sanitizers. Hand washing with soap and water for 30 seconds and drying with paper towels is important. The abrasive action of the towel is important - hand dryers do NOT have the same impact. With our overuse of antibacterials and antimicrobials we have "created" bugs that are very resistant. Good old fashioned hand washing - simply REMOVING the bugs vs. trying to kill them is still the best approach to staying healthy and preventing transmission of the bugs.

David

Great validation. My kids have never had any of the anti-bacterial stuff from day one. Healthiest kids in the hood. Many of the neighbors are a Petri dish of sickness.
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 07:52:20 PM »

David

Great validation. My kids have never had any of the anti-bacterial stuff from day one. Healthiest kids in the hood. Many of the neighbors are a Petri dish of sickness.

Yup - mine too. They wish they could miss school - but they are ready to go every day!

Member #

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 08:28:16 PM »
I think we should have Dr. Sparky make us all up a big batch of his flu concoction  :D

Dr. Sparky's flu concoction = 1 oz whiskey, juice from 1/2 lemon, 1 teas honey and hot water.  cough, cough,  :P  i think i might have the flu.  i should probably have one myself. 

i get a flu shot every year.  i'm the only one in the family that does.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Kora Smoker

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »
Doesn't get any simpler than that. I just put some mustard, relish, and onions.
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26 kettle
Rec Tec 680
Gabby's Grill Santa Maria add on for weber kettle 26 inch
Gateway Drum Smoker