Author Topic: First Post & First Cook  (Read 3091 times)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: First Post & First Cook
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 03:18:48 PM »
Beauty of a bird there!…Tellus about your camera, and your picture posting "method" - i.e., which hosting service are you using?

Thank you sir.

The camera is a Nikon D7000 and thousands more in lenses.  These were taken using the Nikon 16-85 lens.  The pictures are in "Photobucket".  I am still trying to figure out the posting method as I just joined photobucket last week and this is only the second time I tried this.  I was hoping I would not "bomb-out" the whole process.  In other words, I have no idea what the heck I am doing as far as getting the pictures on these post, lol.

I tried that Photobucket app installed on this forum but have not quite figured out just how that works.  This time I just used some process in photobucket that generated a list of URL's of the photos I selected.  Then I pasted those URL's into the post.  Then highlighted each URL and hit that "Insert Image" icon on the post menu bar.  That put those codes at each end of the URL, I had to do that for each URL one at a time. The picture posting is still a work in progress for me at this point.

Do you think the pictures are too large?  I did reduce them quit a bit from their original size.  What do you think??

Nick you have an excellent camera! That is what I use plus the big bucks in lenses.  I either use my 17-70 or 40mm macro for food
cooks.  I use photobucket and have never had any problems.  I usually resize my photos on Picasa before uploading to photobucket.
I size them either 800x600 or 640x480, but tee will have to answer about the max size for this board.

Mike
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline mr breeze

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 03:20:49 PM »
Gosh that's a nice looking bird! Good for you.

Thanks you sir...  You are too kind.
-Nick

Offline hikerman

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »
First off Nick.....my dad was sir. You can call me anything but late for dinner!  lol

Glad you have a ring for TBE. I use wood in mine all the time. It's not the same as smoking, but adds a real nice flavor.

Oh by the way, glad your here, good group of folks on this site, we ask and learn from each other. It's all about caring and sharing!
Enjoy my friend!

Offline mr breeze

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
First off Nick.....my dad was sir. You can call me anything but late for dinner!  lol

Glad you have a ring for TBE. I use wood in mine all the time. It's not the same as smoking, but adds a real nice flavor.

Oh by the way, glad your here, good group of folks on this site, we ask and learn from each other. It's all about caring and sharing!
Enjoy my friend!

Okay, good enough.  Sometimes I can't get that protocol out of me, I just naturally say that, it freaks out the teenagers around here too, lol.

Everyone here can just "call me the breeze",  8) lol...
-Nick

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 03:39:27 PM »
Great looking Turkey!!! A nice first post & photos. I would say one of the nicest looking birds I have seen done on the Big Easy!!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Old Hickory

• Creston, Ca. Member #52
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 03:52:51 PM »
Great job on that bird and your photo's are super.
Char-broil SRG
Bradley 4DS w/ dual elem mod, PID
Charmglow 5 burner pgg w/rotisserie
Weber Kettle w/rotisserie
Pit Barrel Cooker
Cuisinart TOF-60

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »
Great looking Bird Nick  8)

Here's a little info on how to use Photobucket:

First I use "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" or your favorite program (Photoshop, etc) to resize the photo.  I like to use 800x600 pixels.  Create appropriate folder on Photobucket and then upload the photos to Photobucket.

To post a photo in the forum just roll over the photo and you'll see the icon in the upper right end corner

Roll over the icon and you see a menu of options.  Click on "Get Links"

Use 1 of the 2 "IMG" options for most forums ... IMG codes and/or IMG thumb

Copy/Paste the "IMG Thumb" and it shows a thumbnail view of the photo.  When you click on the photo it shows the full photo view

Copy/Paste the "IMG codes (for forums, boards)" will show the full photo view

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline mr breeze

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 03:59:54 PM »
Great looking Turkey!!! A nice first post & photos. I would say one of the nicest looking birds I have seen done on the Big Easy!!! Don

Thank you Don, you are too kind.  But I can't take "Turkey-Cook" credit for that one.  Its actually a baby turkey - a 5.5 pound chicken  ???.  But I understand your point and I thank you for your acknowledgment that it at least looks nice, no matter what is...  :)
-Nick

Offline mr breeze

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »
Great looking Bird Nick  8)

Here's a little info on how to use Photobucket:.......

Thanks a million Pet.  That is what I needed to know.  I will use that method from now on.

Thanks,
-Nick
-Nick

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 09:34:43 PM »
Fine looking bird Breeze!

The BE makes a great yardbird ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline pz

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2013, 01:51:38 AM »
That bird looks just about perfect, Nick.  I'm doing a turkey for the first time tomorrow on the SRG, and like you, started with a chicken.  Some say it is difficult to mess up a cook on the SRG, but I'm usually fairly good at "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"  ;D

Fortunately it is only me and my sweetie, with the possibility of one of our kids later in the day   :D

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2013, 11:16:24 AM »
Nice looking bird. I bought TBE after I nearly burned my house down frying a turkey one Christmas. Just want to let you know that TBE is a great cooker for other things. I have done turkeys, chickens, chicken wings and legs (order some leg racks from Char-Broil), Boston butts, and about a month ago I did the best standing rib roast I have ever tasted. My wife doesn't want baked potatoes cooked any other way than in TBE. The racks will be a great investment since you can move your food higher up in the basket where it will cook faster.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline RAD

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »
Good looing bird and I also love my BE.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »
Man that bird is one right. 
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,