Author Topic: Tonight's SRG Pork Chop dinner  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Saber 4

Re: Tonight's SRG Pork Chop dinner
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 10:13:22 AM »
For all you Pea haters out there give them a try with a couple of good grinds of Hickory Smoked Salt and you might just change your minds. The Chops and rice were given high marks by the wife so it was a good score and she likes any veg so I'm good there as well.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 01:03:01 PM »
Great looking plate, well done ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline pz

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 02:18:12 PM »
For all you Pea haters out there give them a try with a couple of good grinds of Hickory Smoked Salt and you might just change your minds...

When I was young I hated peas, now love them, but they need to be prepared properly else to me they are like little mushy sacks of nasty flavor.  These days I'll empty a small bag of frozen petit peas into a microwave safe bowl, add a couple of table spoons of water and heat for a couple of minutes until just barely hot.  They are bright green and pop (literally) with fresh flavor.  A little butter, salt, and pepper and I can eat the whole bowl.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 04:10:15 PM »
For all you Pea haters out there give them a try with a couple of good grinds of Hickory Smoked Salt and you might just change your minds...

When I was young I hated peas, now love them, but they need to be prepared properly else to me they are like little mushy sacks of nasty flavor.  These days I'll empty a small bag of frozen petit peas into a microwave safe bowl, add a couple of table spoons of water and heat for a couple of minutes until just barely hot.  They are bright green and pop (literally) with fresh flavor.  A little butter, salt, and pepper and I can eat the whole bowl.

I do it in a similar way but on the stovetop in a small pot w/lid, bring about a 1/2" of water to a boil drop in the frozen peas, cover and as soon as the water comes back to boil I drain the water and add butter, S & P. I never got the microwave thing right.

Offline Pappymn

Tonight's SRG Pork Chop dinner
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 08:03:27 PM »
What Muebe said....two times ;D
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Kora Smoker

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 10:04:11 AM »
I could sure go for some chops about now. Great looking meal, it sure gets my vote X 10.
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26 kettle
Rec Tec 680
Gabby's Grill Santa Maria add on for weber kettle 26 inch
Gateway Drum Smoker

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 10:10:13 AM »
Wished I could eat peas but just can't  :(   But like I said the chops look real good
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »
No Peas in tonight's SRG chops dinner, went with some John Henry Pecan rub on the chops and the sparagus and rounded it out with some frozen corn

Offline RAD

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »
Both plates look great, peas and all
Love to cook and eat

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »

When I was young I hated peas, now love them, but they need to be prepared properly else to me they are like little mushy sacks of nasty flavor. 

Similar experience here.  I absolutely cannot stand canned peas... YUCK!

Give me some fresh (or frozen thawed) peas in a salad and I love 'em!  Or cook them in something just like PZ said so they're just hot, but not mushy and I'll eat 'em up.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 10:16:10 AM »

When I was young I hated peas, now love them, but they need to be prepared properly else to me they are like little mushy sacks of nasty flavor. 

Similar experience here.  I absolutely cannot stand canned peas... YUCK!

Give me some fresh (or frozen thawed) peas in a salad and I love 'em!  Or cook them in something just like PZ said so they're just hot, but not mushy and I'll eat 'em up.

I can't eat any canned veggies with the exception of Hominy which I haven't found any other way.

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Tonight's SRG Pork Chop dinner
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 01:51:58 PM »
Man, that looks good! I don't like peas! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker