Author Topic: Char Broil makes good on warranty......Almost.  (Read 4265 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Char Broil makes good on warranty......Almost.
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 03:05:39 PM »
If I had to be restricted to only one cooker it would be the SRG.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 04:19:32 PM »
I sure appreciate the answers.

Sooo...cooks fairly cool,cooks real hot.can smoke,can cook covered and can grill.Quality to versatility to price is very good. Buy it where you cab see it first to avoid damaged unit.All correct?

It looks portable,it is OK to be a car camping cooker? 

So Mrs wants a gas grill,we mostly cook for two...This would be THE gas grill to get it appears?does it come with a tank?
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 06:00:51 PM »
I think it's a little large for a car but a truck or SUV will carry it.  No it does not come with a tank.
I ordered mine  from Amazon and it arrived in good shape.

The smoke box is a pain... There are easy ways around that so I just don't use it.  Not a deal breaker though.
 I added smoke in my TBE for years before the SRG came out.

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 07:35:36 PM »
I've had the original Big Easy for 5 1/2 years and it STILL cooks a pretty bird...as advertised. 

I am still going strong with the CharBroil Tru Infrared Quantum  4 Burner I've used for over 4 years.  I keep a heavy-duty cover on it, keep the grates clean, clean the outside regularly and clean it inside at least twice a year - removing all the parts and brushing them clean.

They make a good product for the price IMHO.  I'm not one who is likely to spend more than$500 on a grill.  This one has given me more than my money's worth.

just sayin'...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline spuds

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 07:41:07 PM »
Thank you gentlemen,sounds like just what I should get.Sold another SRG,on to the wish list.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline airberryblue

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 06:20:00 AM »
I believe Char Broil had an off day when my SRG was packed to leave the factory.  I do a lot of cooking and most of what I use is pretty old and made to last, but when I do buy something new I want it to be free of dents, scratches, and chipped coating.  I first saw the Char Broil Big Easy oil-less fry at Pro Bass shop and I wanted one right away, but I waited to research it.  By luck I found one that had very little use in a thrift store for $50, brought it home and started using right away.  I knew I had to have the SRG next, so after almost a year I ordered one online and was so exited when I received it 2 days later.  Opened the box to find several pieces dented, scratched, and chipped.  True, grilling would function even with the different damaged pieces, but I should be the first one to dent, scatch, or chip my new grill.  Side point, the box was in perfect condition, so I am pretty sure nothing happen in transit.  At this point the final pieces, for the 3 damaged legs are due in by Tuesday.  It has taken about 2 months from my first contact with them to get to this point, last week the new top lid, outer body, and cooking chamber arrived.  I do think I will enjoy many grilled meals from my SRG, but I do believe Char Broil missed the mark at the factory and with delayed customer service this time, hopefully they will do better in the future. Below you can see some of the damage I had, and why I wanted CB to make things right.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 09:00:57 AM »
I believe Char Broil had an off day when my SRG was packed to leave the factory.  I do a lot of cooking and most of what I use is pretty old and made to last, but when I do buy something new I want it to be free of dents, scratches, and chipped coating.  I first saw the Char Broil Big Easy oil-less fry at Pro Bass shop and I wanted one right away, but I waited to research it.  By luck I found one that had very little use in a thrift store for $50, brought it home and started using right away.  I knew I had to have the SRG next, so after almost a year I ordered one online and was so exited when I received it 2 days later.  Opened the box to find several pieces dented, scratched, and chipped.  True, grilling would function even with the different damaged pieces, but I should be the first one to dent, scatch, or chip my new grill.  Side point, the box was in perfect condition, so I am pretty sure nothing happen in transit.  At this point the final pieces, for the 3 damaged legs are due in by Tuesday.  It has taken about 2 months from my first contact with them to get to this point, last week the new top lid, outer body, and cooking chamber arrived.  I do think I will enjoy many grilled meals from my SRG, but I do believe Char Broil missed the mark at the factory and with delayed customer service this time, hopefully they will do better in the future. Below you can see some of the damage I had, and why I wanted CB to make things right.

Sorry for all your troubles with them, but it is a large company and there has been issues like this for a while.  I was told there were changes being made so lets hope they get it right and fix those issues 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline spuds

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 04:18:32 PM »
Yeah,thats pretty shoddy.I wouldn't have been happy either. >:(

Offline airberryblue

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 07:59:32 PM »
For better or worse, I have the grill I wanted and that makes me happy.  The rest is going to work it self out.  Who knows, I might start thinking about using some of Tommy's modifications.  Just add it to my kooky ideas for cooking.  Many were surprised when I showed them,  I could cook with the sun, I won that bet.

Offline spuds

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 11:53:59 PM »
For better or worse, I have the grill I wanted and that makes me happy.  The rest is going to work it self out.  Who knows, I might start thinking about using some of Tommy's modifications.  Just add it to my kooky ideas for cooking.  Many were surprised when I showed them,  I could cook with the sun, I won that bet.
You mean like this? I love my Sun Oven.Makes great bread and stews.

Web Photo

Offline airberryblue

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 07:08:43 AM »
Spuds, yours is much cooler than what I did, mine was home made to prove a point.  Slow cooked some stew in a black box with reflectors and a black pot inside, also baked a cake.  What is the make and model of your solar oven?

Offline spuds

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 07:58:03 AM »