Author Topic: Pantry list  (Read 1045 times)

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
Pantry list
« Reply #-1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:27:52 PM »
My daughter asked me to come up with a pantry list for her new kitchen. Here's what I developed...

Any additions or suggestions?

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Pantry list
« on: November 09, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »
That is quite a list!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »
Mike,

Thanks for this list. I've printed it out and will give it some serious thought. Sure, I will add and subtract (and share my thoughts), but this is a huge help to me, as I tend to buy things that sound interesting and soon run out of room for what I really need! A more disciplined approach would be a godsend. Thank you!

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
I think of a pantry list as canned/bottled/dry and occasionally frozen goods that you use occasionally but always want to have available - "durable" stuff.  Most of the fresh and frozen stuff (not counting what I've made batches of and frozen for later, including stocks, soups, tasso, beans, pulled pork, etc.) I buy on an as-needed basis so it doesn't go bad. 

Having said that, my pantry always has some of the stuff on your list plus stuff we use but your daughter might not, such as several types of beans (black, garbanzo, refried, etc.), dried & canned chiles, liquid smoke, diced & whole canned tomatoes, curry paste, coconut milk, molasses, corn tostadas, and grits.  There's probably a bunch more but that's what comes to mind without doing an inventory.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »
Theres a android phone APP called "Out of Milk" and it has a section just for the pantry with just about every spice and herb in the world. Is also a shopping list that uses cloud so the whole family can log on and add to it. It has a "to do list" which my wife is forbidden to use.

Offline deb415611

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »
I might have missed it but if not it's lacking in the chocolate department.......

baking chocolate
chocolate chips
dutch cocoa
natural cocoa

;D