FORUM SPONSORS > Adrenaline Barbecue Co.

Angus Porterhouse reverse seared and served "Steak Oscar" style

(1/6) > >>

abcbarbecue:
This was last night's dinner using a 26" kettle kitted out with our Slow 'N Sear XL and soon to be released Drip 'N Griddle pan.

Started the steak out on the indirect side and slowly warmed it at 240 F using about 20 briquettes. 

Flipped the steak when it hit 80 F.  My DOT thermometers with needle probes were indicating the filet was 4 F hotter than the strip portion of the steak.

Once the steak hit 100 F I lit a 2/3 chimney full of charcoal, then when the steak hit 115 F in the filet / 111 F in the strip I took it off.  Added the fully lit charcoal to the Slow 'N Sear.  Took steak inside to pat dry with paper towels then coat with Pam Grill Spray and cracked pepper.  Once all that's done it's time to sear!

After a flip...

This was the last flip.  I let the filet sit over the reservoir and away from the searing coals as it was already at medium rare.  It's pretty cool how you can cook just one side of a porterhouse with the Slow 'N Sear.  Makes it easy to get the filet and strip sides evenly cooked.

Just off the fire.  All over brown with no grill marks.  Just how I like it!

Served Steak Oscar style.  The better half made the Bearnaise sauce and Crab.  I grilled the Asparagus on my Mak 2 Star.

Money shot!  Wall to Wall Medium Rare, again just how I like it!

smoker pete:
That's a meal fit for the Gods! You only cooked one? What are you going to eat  8)  :thumbup:

smokeasaurus:
That is one good looking steak. I might have to drag the kettle out of the shed and go to your website if you keep this up  ;)

Wingman:
Okay, you got my attention.  Wicked nice cook and ditto on the photos.

sparky:
You need to move next door plz.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version