Author Topic: Pit Barrel Cooker Co./Grilling.com Promotion!!  (Read 18429 times)

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Pit Barrel Cooker Co./Grilling.com Promotion!!
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 01:21:48 PM »
Unfortunately if you do that LA, it would mess up the way the pit runs. It was designed to run with the bottom vent set to your altitude and with the 4 holes to have the rebar ran through them for the cook. This is nothing like a UDS where you can get away with adjusting the airflow to slow down the burn. I have learned with my PBC to just light the coals,wait 20 minutes and get cooking and I just gotta say it:

"It is so neat, to hang your meat!!"
CAN'T WAIT!! does he sent out anything to track the package. I did get an email with the confirmation of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Pit Barrel Cooker Co./Grilling.com Promotion!!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 01:36:58 PM »
What if you move to a different altitude?
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »
Once you get a PBC,you can never move again!! :D  Chances are the setting will be fine. If you notice your food is cooking slower than usual you can open up the bottom vent a bit and if your food is finishing faster than what you are used to,you can just back it off a tad.

Give Amber a ringy dingy Mike and she will get you your tracking number...and remember, your PBC needs no break in so you can be cooking in about 30 minutes once you get your delivery!!

and I gotta tell ya, the more you use your PBC the more flavorful the cooks get, I was just lining foil in the bottom of mine for tomorrows cook and I cant believe how good it smells inside that barrel!!

Dont forget to get your Original Kingsford and Kingsford lighter fluid!!  ;)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »
Hey Mike, when all the diehard Texans are up all night tending to their off-sets and you are getting a good nights sleep cause your new PBC will cook butts and briskies around 6 hours, you better lock the PBC up at night or it might turn up missing!!  :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »
Hey Mike, when all the diehard Texans are up all night tending to their off-sets and you are getting a good nights sleep cause your new PBC will cook butts and briskies around 6 hours, you better lock the PBC up at night or it might turn up missing!!  :D
Yup! A co-worker of mine loves making brisket. I asked him how many times he gets up to tend to it. He says a couple 2 , 3 times. Uugh.

MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
Talk about fast shipping. I called just a few minutes ago and Noah picked up. I asked about the tracking number. He apologized and said that their system is set up to send it out to the email address the customer provides and doesn't know why it didn't send it. Long story short, he asked me to send him a quick email and he would reply back with the tracking number. He was out of the office at the time. VERY NICE GUY. He said the PBC HAS BEEN SHIPPED ALREADY. I placed the order last night :o

MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 05:22:24 PM »
That is just one example of the excellent customer service that Pit Barrel Cooker provides!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Kora Smoker

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 06:31:08 PM »
I actually never called Noah up, because smoke's tutorials and comments were excellent. My PBC came and I already knew exactly what to do! Thanks Smoke for turning me on to the PBC and all the great stuff you contribute to the forum. :)
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26 kettle
Rec Tec 680
Gabby's Grill Santa Maria add on for weber kettle 26 inch
Gateway Drum Smoker

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 06:41:16 PM »
I actually never called Noah up, because smoke's tutorials and comments were excellent. My PBC came and I already knew exactly what to do! Thanks Smoke for turning me on to the PBC and all the great stuff you contribute to the forum. :)
100% agree. Was kinda weird listening to him talk cause it reminded me off all the videos I watched online. I contacted them to see about a tracking number. Wasn't expecting him to pick up :o
He did end the conversation by thanking me for my business and to not hesitate on calling him about anything. 

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:43:30 PM by mikecorn.1 »
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 08:25:40 PM »
Hey Mike, glad we got you all set! Can't wait to hear about your first cook :) I will check this forum everyday but if I miss something please don't hesitate to call or email us. Thanks again!!

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:12 PM »
Hey Mike, glad we got you all set! Can't wait to hear about your first cook :) I will check this forum everyday but if I miss something please don't hesitate to call or email us. Thanks again!!

:) Hopefully I can break it in on my next day off after I receive it. Now that it gets dark here at around 5:30 pm and I dont get home from work till after 6, I dont have any daylight to do much. But I will as you all know post some pics.
MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 09:15:27 PM »
Mike-

Flashlight, duct tape, and hard hat......Now..you can cook when you get home! ;D

PBC is exemplary with their customer service. I have heard this from a number of happy owners. We are glad to have them as a forum sponsor!

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Sam3

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 06:43:11 AM »
I ordered mine on Saturday night. Smoke is quite the salesman.  ;)

Honestly, I liked all threads about this cooker and I'm looking forward to using it.
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 09:11:34 AM »
It amazes me that for the small amount of money that the PBC costs - you get a quality, consistent - almost goof-proof cooker - that can re-create ( for me) real "Western Style" pit flavor.

We have all spent more than the PBC costs on cookers that - if we are honest about it - have been pretty disappointing.

Great value - and Noah and Amber are building a great American success story with their business. It feels good feel - kind of like we are a part of this as we watch PBC grow!

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 02:35:01 PM »
I ordered mine on Saturday night. Smoke is quite the salesman.  ;)

Honestly, I liked all threads about this cooker and I'm looking forward to using it.

Sam your PBC will be shipped today! You will receive an email from fedex with the tracking number. Thanks for the business!!