Author Topic: Cyber monday!  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Cyber monday!
« Reply #-1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »
So it's Cyber Monday and in celebration I wanted to remind everyone of the grilling.com promotion. Go to grilling.com and become a member to get the coupon code to take advantage of the HUGE discount of $104.00 off your very own PBC!! It can be shipped to your door or if you prefer call us and you can pick it up at a retailer near you! Don't miss out on this awesome deal, and tell your friends! 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Cyber monday!
« on: November 26, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »
Done deal. Thanks.
Mine is on the way.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline Sam3

Cyber monday!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 07:57:03 PM »
Me too!
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Cyber monday!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »
Makes me want to buy another one! A great promotion and a great cooker!
David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Over Dunn

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 07:09:04 PM »
Ouch! Should have waited and bought mine! >:( Not complaining, though. Curious to know why you recommend lighter fluid to start your cook. Not a big Kingsford fan, either. Used mostly lump and 100% hardwood brics in my non-pellet outings. What about wood chips and chunks? I'm sure as time progresses, I'll get to know my PBS much better. Pretty sure I'll be using one for my chicken comps, and maybe another one for ribs, although my first outing with three slabs of loin backs, came out much too dark. Might have been the brining, or the Memphis style rub, or the hickory chunks I used. Any advice from any body will be appreciated. ;)

OD

Post Script: Hold that price for me, amigo, in case I need another one! :-\
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:11:35 PM by Over Dunn »
GMG DANIEL BOONE
GMG JIM BOWIE
CharBroil CB500X
UDS
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 07:19:40 PM »
I got adventurous by adding some wood chunks to the PBC and wood is not necessary. The food actually tastes better with just straight Kingsford!!

The lighter fluid is fun to use and is the easiest way to light your PBC. If you wait the 20 minutes before the food goes on you will have no fluid taste at all!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 07:27:47 PM »
OD- you can definitely use a chimney if you are not a fan of lighter fluid, we are actually working on a video that will show you both ways to light the PBC. We designed and patented the PBC around Kingsford one because they are the most readily available briquette on the market and two because they burn so consistently, they burn between 7-8 hours in the PBC. Hope this helps! Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »
Oh and yes you can add wood to add flavor but like smokeasaurus said the flavor is amazing with just the Kingsford Original briquettes.

Offline sambbq

• Sam's NW BBQ Co.
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »
I agree with you, wood is not needed.  I used a mixture of wood chips last week, and man-o-man did that smoke ever get going.  But it was not necessary at all and I actually think it tasted better without it.  I'd suggest you use very little and go from there if you decide to use wood chunks/chips. 

This cooker works just perfect if used as directed by Noah and Amber  ;D
Sam

MAK 2 Star
YODER YS480
YODER Wichita Offset Smoker
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 07:45:15 PM »
I got adventurous by adding some wood chunks to the PBC and wood is not necessary. The food actually tastes better with just straight Kingsford!!

The lighter fluid is fun to use and is the easiest way to light your PBC. If you wait the 20 minutes before the food goes on you will have no fluid taste at all!!

I agree with smoke... the food tastes great with straight Kingsford. There may be other brands that are as good or even "better". But, for me for now, this is just right. Haven't used lighter fluid in years, but it sure does make starting the charcoal easy!  ;) I have not tasted the "fluid" in any of my cooks so far - suspect the 20 minute burn is responsible, combined with the efforts of Kingsford to reduce / eliminate the "taste".

I haven't tried any wood yet - but then I haven't felt the need to... May do it to experiment, but right now my family, friends (and me) are really enjoying what this cooker puts out just following the instructions!

Cheers,

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #