Author Topic: Pit Barrel Cooker FAQS  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Pit Barrel Cooker FAQS
« Reply #-1 on: November 30, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »
FAQ's

Q: How much is shipping?
A: Our products ship anywhere in the US for FREE excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Please select Free flat rate shipping when checking out.

Q: How long does it take to get my Pit Barrel Cooker after I order?
A: 4 days or less and for local pick ups there is no wait time.

Q: Do you offer Military/Fire/Police Discount?
A: Yes, please call us direct at 303-249-9069 for more details.

Q: How do I light my PBC?
A: If you are fine with using lighter fluid please refer to the video section on our home page and select the video "Properly lighting your Pit Barrel Cooker".

Q: Do I have to use lighter fluid?
A: No, although we recommend lighter fluid you can also use a chimney. Fill the coal basket level with Kingsford Original Briquets take 1/4 of them out and place in a chimney, light and wait approximately 20 min, pour lit coals from chimney on top of the remaining coals in the coal basket in your PBC, hang your meat, sit back and relax!

Q: Can I use the PBC as a fire pit?
A: Absolutely NOT! The PBC is designed for the temperature at which Kingsford Original Briquets burn, anything else may burn too hot for the design and air flow. 

Q: How much does the Pit Barrel Cooker weigh?
A: Total shipping weight in the box is 57 lbs.

Q: Is the PBC fragile?
A: No, the PBC is well made right here in the USA. There is really nothing that can break on the PBC.

Q. Does the PBC come assembled?
A: The Pit Barrel Cooker is 100% assembled, no tools required just take it out of the box and your ready to cook.

Q: Is the PBC portable?
A: Yes, the PBC is portable and can easily be transported in the back of an SUV or truck from home to tailgate parties, camping, fishing, hunting etc...

A: For the best results and to have all the guess work taken out we recommend Kingsford Original Briquets (blue & white bag). We advise against using Matchlight Briquets reason being that you want the briquets to slowly burn from the top to the bottom. When using Matchlight briquets you have to make sure all briquets are ashed over and that the lighter fluid has completely burnt off. 

Q: Do I need to add additional coals/charcoal?
A: No, the Pit Barrel Cooker burns very effeciently between 7 and 8 hours depending on elevation.

Q: Can I add wood chips for flavor?
A: Absolutely, even though people are blown away by the results of only using Kingsford Original you can add wood chips/smoke blocks to add additional smoke.

Q: Is the Pit Barrel Cooker a Slow cooker/Smoker?
A: The best way to describe the PBC is it's the perfect combination between a BBQ and a smoker,  it is truly in its own category given the meat hanging method in a pit environment.     

Q: Can I place the PBC on my wood deck?
A: Although the PBC comes with a horseshoe stand we recommend placing a paver stone/bricks in the designated area under the PBC just to be safe.

Q: How do I clean my Pit Barrel Cooker? Maintain it?
A: After the barrel and coal basket have completely cooled dump remaining ash. There is no need to clean anything except for the stainless steel hooks after use. DO NOT WASH OR RINSE THE INSIDE OF YOUR PBC. Always store your Pit Barrel Cooker out of the elements when not using or cover. The more you cook on it the better it gets!

Q: Do I have to hang everything?
A: Have fun with your PBC! If the meat can be hung then hang it, for things that can absolutely not be hung pizza, burgers, fish etc.. simply grill them on the provided grill grate.

Q: What kind of paint is used on the PBC?
A: We use a high temp powder coat finish rated for 1000 degrees, this is far more durable than any high temp spray paint.

Q: Does the outside of the PBC get hot? Handle on top get hot?
A: As with any BBQ/Grill it is going to get hot on the outside so it is best not to touch it. The lid handle does not get hot, it can be touched during cooking.

Q: Does the Pit Barrel Cooker Co. cater events?
A: Yes, although we are in the Denver area we have catered events/private parties from the east to the west coast. Please call us directly for menu options and pricing.

Q: What kind of support do I get with my PBC?
A: We offer 24/7 support, you will speak with an actual human who speaks clear english right here in America.

Q: What kind of a warranty do you offer?
A: When we say 100% we mean it, if you are not 100% satisfied with your product we will refund the purchase price within 30 days of purchase. We offer a 1 year product warranty that covers manufacture defects (this is valid when purchased from our website directly or from a participating retailer) receipt is required.  :)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Pit Barrel Cooker FAQS
« on: November 30, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »

A: We offer 24/7 support, you will speak with an actual human who speaks clear english right here in America.

How Nice!!!   just like it used to be and  the way it still should be!!!!!!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Pit Barrel Cooker FAQS
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:16:29 PM »

Yup yup!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Pit Barrel Cooker FAQS
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 10:02:33 PM »

They just went above and beyond for me and I have not even got the PBC yet ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven