Author Topic: DeLonghi FH1363 questions (calling TOM!!!! and others)  (Read 950 times)

Offline DWard51

DeLonghi FH1363 questions (calling TOM!!!! and others)
« Reply #-1 on: March 03, 2018, 03:47:14 PM »
Deciding on an air fryer is worse than trying to pick a new car model.  It's sort of pricey so you want to get it right the first time and plan on owning it a while.

That being said, I've drifted away from the standard which seemed to be the TriStar Air Fryer XL that Sam's carried.  First drifted towards the NuWave models, but where are carried seems to be limited.  So now I'm starting to take a shining to the DeLonghi model FH1363.  I like the idea of the added bottom heating element and that stirring paddle.  I guess in theory with a elevated air circulation pan like the XL in theory you are getting bottom heat applied, but you loose the stirring paddle.

Tom, I seem to recall you had a XL before you got the DeLonghi (or I'm imagining things again, which is possible).   Are you still sold on the DeLonghi?  And are there any drawbacks to the DeLonghi? 

I've also looked at the NuWave Oven model and the TriStar Oven model.  I could see where rotating trays would be needed as was mentioned in a few of the videos I've watched.  It also looks like those would be more difficult to clean as there is no removable basket that catches and contains any oil or drippings from the food.

Like I said, deciding can be harder than Chinese math...

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: DeLonghi FH1363 questions (calling TOM!!!! and others)
« on: March 03, 2018, 05:02:18 PM »
I agree with what you said but I bought based on reviews of everyone with their AF's. What they liked or did not like. I think these things are changing as fast as the NY Rangers change goalies in the last few weeks. As much as I don't like to buy this way I see it as I will be buying one again within a year or two with new features. I think you make a list of what you want & want to pay....then go for it.

Why I bought my Chefman

1) I like the company because of what i hear of them & by talking to them.

2) Large Size in the standard shape I wanted size over bells.

3) I like that they saw what others are doing wrong & added bumpers in key areas that some others don't have.

4) I like to buy value & they seem to be that type of company

5) The special price of $79.00 was the price that told me to go ahead & buy it.

It is everything I really wanted & more. Will it hold up?.......I don't know but time will tell.

Anyway that is how I saw things in the Air fryer Jungle.

Good luck
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Roget

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 06:22:02 PM »
There are certainly a lot to choose from. :) :)
Some pretty good, some better, some not so good.
I have tried three different brands before the one I am using now.
They all seem to have good points & bad points.

Good luck choosing one.  :D :D
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 07:17:43 PM »
I agree with all! There are a lot of choices in the Air Fryer Market, some good, some not so good. I went with the DeLonghi 1363 after having a bad experience with the Power Air Fryer XL and there lack of commitment to the warranty. I have watched Booger on YouTube and was impressed, so I did the same and haven't regretted it. The DeLonghi 1363 is well built, backed by DeLonghi for 1 year and performs well, cook after cook after cook. I have a hard time saying this but there are things like last nights wings that I would prefer on the DeLonghi instead of the Weber. Thought I would never say that... :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Roget

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 09:56:47 AM »
I don't worry about the warranty so much on items for the home anymore.
I just buy (if possible) from BedBath&Beyond and know that I don't have to deal with the manufacturer to make things right if I have a problem.
Best return policy on the planet.
That's why they get a lot of my money.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven

Offline DWard51

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 12:48:33 PM »
I checked BB&B as the 20% coupon is a great thing there. BB&B is $230 and Amazon is $165 for the DeLonghi 1363.  Even the 20% discount won't bridge that gap.  $165 is the best price I've seen recently and I'm sort of leaning towards that model.   Mainly trying to figure out where to keep it stored and where to put it in use as counter space is limited.

Offline Roget

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 01:42:30 PM »
I checked BB&B as the 20% coupon is a great thing there. BB&B is $230 and Amazon is $165 for the DeLonghi 1363.  Even the 20% discount won't bridge that gap.  $165 is the best price I've seen recently and I'm sort of leaning towards that model.   Mainly trying to figure out where to keep it stored and where to put it in use as counter space is limited.

This is true.
Sometimes I can't justify paying the difference, but if something goes wrong with it 6-8 months down the road, I would consider it the best $19.00 I ever spent.  ;) :D :D ;)
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven