FORUM SPONSORS > Cookinpellets.com

Perfect Mix Smoked USDA Prime Tri Tip

(1/2) > >>

smoker pete:
Bought some Whole Peeled USDA Prime Tri Tip roasts in a cryovaced package at my local Costco for $6.79 a pound. Seasoned them all, vacuum sealed 4 of them for future use, wrapped one in plastic wrap, and refrigerated it overnight. Smoked one last night at 230ºF for about 2 hours till it reached an internal temperature of 145ºF.

My apologies for those of you who are unable to find tri tips in your area - let alone Prime tri tips. But access to this cut of beef is one of the few benefits of living in the State that I do!

rwalters:
yum Yum YUM!!!!!!

IR2dum:
sp, that looks delicious. My brand new double decker HEB is the first store I have found in Houston to carry tri-tip. It is USDA Prime 1 for an everyday price of $4.99 per pound. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a couple of those beauties, but I will real soon. This store also carries dry aged Prime 1 beef that can be cut to any thickness on site. I saw rib eye, New York strip and tenderloin in the dry aging case. I bought a 39 day dry aged Prime 1 ribeye steak for $25.00 per pound. I picked out the chunk of ribeye that looked the best. The butcher cut it about 1 inch thick, trimmed away the hard, dry, dark outside layer and it turned out to be 1.17 pounds for around $29.00. It was the most tender and best tasting steak that I have ever done at home. This store also carries Wagyu beef for $35.99 per pound and USDA Prime 1 brisket for $2.99 per pound. My only quarrel with them is that all their USDA Prime 1 beef is grass fed Angus and I would prefer grain fed; however, the wagyu is probably grain fed.

Pappymn:
That looks picture perfect. Wish we had HEB here but that is never going to happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RAD:
Yes please  :P :P :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version