Author Topic: Cigars!  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Cellys Belly

Cigars!
« Reply #-1 on: August 15, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »
Along with grilling I LOVE a good cigar.
Any other cigar nuts out there?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Support our troops.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Cigars!
« on: August 15, 2013, 12:38:19 PM »
Not so much anymore - but I do enjoy a Patron now and then.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »
lately I do love a good macanudo Hampton court.  my absolute favorite is a Davidoff 2000 series.  love the entire Davidoff line way to much.   ::)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 02:14:51 PM »
After being sick earlier this year, when I recovered and went back to my stogies, they would get me real nauseated. I waited a while, fired em up and still kept getting sick. Sold the humi and all my gars. Just puff on my cob pipe these days..................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 02:17:43 PM »
Haven't tried a pipe in many years. I have an agreement with SWMBO - I don't do anything in the house that she doesn't like. Unfortunately, that includes smoking a cigar or pipe. So, I do sneak out on the deck for a Padron once in a while. But, I do miss a pipe. What is your favorite tobacco?
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Cellys Belly

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 02:23:02 PM »
Haven't tried a pipe in many years. I have an agreement with SWMBO - I don't do anything in the house that she doesn't like. Unfortunately, that includes smoking a cigar or pipe. So, I do sneak out on the deck for a Padron once in a while. But, I do miss a pipe. What is your favorite tobacco?

My favorite is Ashton VSG Robustos and the enchantments! Big fan of Don Pepin garcias too
Support our troops.

Offline Pappymn

Cigars!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 02:51:56 PM »
Used to be into it big in my younger days just as it was getting trendy and expensive. Been out
Of action a long time :(
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 02:58:49 PM »

My favorite is Ashton VSG Robustos and the enchantments! Big fan of Don Pepin garcias too

Ashton is definitely very nice. On a recent trip to Costa Rica I was able to pick up a number (good for me) of Padron Annivesarios 1964 - my favorite.
Member #

Offline Pappymn

Cigars!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 03:24:58 PM »
Was in Connecticut yesterday and drove by a whole bunch Connecticut shade wrapper being grown. Pretty cool!
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline hikerman

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »
I still smoke a good cigar on occasion, most rewarding is when camping and around the campfire. As I get older I like my wine redder, my chocolate, coffee, and cigars darker. I assume that my tastebuds are going south on me.  ::)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 08:16:23 PM »

I live about a 1/2 hour away from the Original Tinder Box in Santa Monica (the holy land of the smoke shop world) and smoke a nice custom blend called Ebony Gold (basically a fire cured black cavendish) or Wilshire (which is named after the Santa Monica store) is it is a mixture of black bits of cavendish and golden virginia with a light casing................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »
I live about a 1/2 hour away from the Original Tinder Box in Santa Monica (the holy land of the smoke shop world) and smoke a nice custom blend called Ebony Gold or Wilshire.

that's funny.  I was the night manager of the tinder box for 4 years up here.  I like the Davidoff tins of tobacco.   some a pipe for years until my stroke and my wife and doctor but a stop to it.   :'(
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 09:50:21 PM »
I still smoke a good cigar on occasion, most rewarding is when camping and around the campfire. As I get older I like my wine redder, my chocolate, coffee, and cigars darker. I assume that my tastebuds are going south on me.  ::)

Well...Not necessarily Gene...It probably means that you just have enough life experience that you now really know what you like, and have tasted and smelled enough to know the differences. ;)

I hate to admit this to you all...but I have tried to like pipes and cigars...just can't do it. It probably has something to do with my weird sense of smell/taste.  ::)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline hikerman

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 10:04:38 PM »

Well...Not necessarily Gene...It probably means that you just have enough life experience that you now really know what you like, and have tasted and smelled enough to know the differences. ;)

I hate to admit this to you all...but I have tried to like pipes and cigars...just can't do it. It probably has something to do with my weird sense of smell/taste.  ::)
Tee I must be confused, but that old Tom T. Hall song got it.... I like younger women, faster horses, and older whiskey!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 10:07:31 PM »
Hehe - I miss old Tom T as well Gene....I listen to Willie's Roadhouse on Sirius/XM a lot. And - they often play some Tom T Hall.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401