Author Topic: RV trips in the west - Yellowstone  (Read 917 times)

Offline pz

RV trips in the west - Yellowstone
« Reply #-1 on: September 17, 2013, 11:04:56 PM »
This series was taken a few years ago. My two favorite national parks are Mesa Verde for the archaeological  interest, and Yellowstone for the geology (I actually enjoy the thermal features more than the animals)

We somehow lucked into the best end spot in the RV park just outside Yellowstone - plenty of stretching room and a great view

It was the 4th of July weekend, and we expected to enjoy the celebration

Taken from the inside of the new Old Faithful visitor center

Very faithful, that old

I don't remember exactly where I took this, but I think it was somewhere in Norris basin

No, I was not stupid enough to approach this bison - taken from inside the truck

The upper falls in the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone

The travertine formations at Mammoth

We took a back country hike on this trail not knowing that a grizzly had killed a visitor the day before a couple of miles away

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: RV trips in the west - Yellowstone
« on: September 17, 2013, 11:39:23 PM »
Just think how hard it was for  the first explorers ( Lewis and Clarke?) to see Yellowstone to explain what they saw when they got back to "civilization".  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline hikerman

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 08:18:41 AM »
PZ, Great pics. They bring back some great memories of my time spent in Yellowstone. A relative worked for the park and I was fortunate to have spent several summers there as a teen.

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 08:24:13 AM »
I went there when I was about 4 but only have Black and white photos my parents gave me for memories. Color is Mo better :)

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 09:43:43 AM »
Yellowstone is a magnificent place to visit. Everyone should have that opportunity. The scenery is magnificent and you can learn so much.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 12:41:56 PM »
Great pics, pz! Thanks for sharing them.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys; only a few more years and 10 bucks will get me a lifetime national parks pass  ;)

Funny thing about the rules for hard side campers only - the morning we left this place, a grizzly had pooped a huge pile of scat right in front of the truck.  Those big boys evidently don't care that people are about, and they fear nothing.