Author Topic: Updating my computers  (Read 1985 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: Updating my computers
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 12:50:35 PM »
The new SSD is most impressive.Before you buy a new laptop to speed things up,just change out,or have someone change out the hard drive,this old machine is just flying along now.

The difference in performance is night and day.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: Updating my computers
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 01:54:04 AM »
Have to add to it again.

This has made my  old HP laptop a really fine web surfer,ranks as nice as the wifes Newer Toshiba.Havent measured but bet its as fast as hers at least,maybe faster.Loads in 1/4th or better the amt of time it takes my desktop with normal hard drive/winxp/and faster CPU  and 4 times the memory to load.Blind blowing to say the least!! 8)

Linux and SSD is an incredible combo.Cant recommend it enough,and linux and the apps are mostly  FREE (there are a few you can buy if so inclined),take THAT Bill Gates and your virus ridden NSA machines. ???

Best computer upgrade Ive done yet,and done a lot of em,novice level anyhow.

Think about getting a linux machine on your next purchase,it will be cheaper and almost every program windows has there is a FREE linux version,only thing I use a lot and miss is my older Kodak EasyShare photo processing program,but going to see if there is a work around when my BIL visits to allow it to run in Linux,they have programs to allow a lot of only windows programs to run in Linux.

No more windows here,Mr Gates kinda ticks me off,tired of feeding him.So now I DONT. ;)

More libertarianism from Spuds,LOL!

LOL,Im evangelizing like an ex smoker!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:00:27 AM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.