Author Topic: Jaxons Avatar  (Read 2538 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Jaxons Avatar
« Reply #-1 on: December 18, 2015, 07:53:12 PM »
So I am setting outside with some chicken thighs on the PK Grill........and then it hits me.....

it has been here the entire time.....................

the true spirit of BBQ...........................

Jaxons Avatar!!..............the sight of him coming in from the back yard with a platter of smoked goodness..............

Take a good look at it.  This is what BBQ means to me  8)

Thank You backyard Jack  :) :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Jaxons Avatar
« on: December 18, 2015, 08:39:08 PM »
And if you think the avatar tells the story...You should taste his cookin'!!!! I will tell you - that combination of pecan wood with cherry wood that he stoked the fire with made everything smell and taste unbelievably good.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 08:52:28 PM »
And if you think the avatar tells the story...You should taste his cookin'!!!! I will tell you - that combination of pecan wood with cherry wood that he stoked the fire with made everything smell and taste unbelievably good.

And he is "just a backyard Jack"...  ;) ;D ;D One of the best on this forum and one of the ones that has made it work for me...
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 09:06:46 PM »
Amen to all of this post!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 10:21:39 PM »
If I am not mistaken, that is a picture of Backyard Jack bringing in the prime rib eye steaks he grilled when Barry "CB" Martin and Dee "Birthday Boy" Stafford were visiting him and Deb about 4 or 5 years ago. That is when they thought up the idea of the Fall Gatherings. I agree with THE SMOKE. That avatar does tell the story.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 11:04:58 PM »
If I am not mistaken, that is a picture of Backyard Jack bringing in the prime rib eye steaks he grilled when Barry "CB" Martin and Dee "Birthday Boy" Stafford were visiting him and Deb about 4 or 5 years ago. That is when they thought up the idea of the Fall Gatherings. I agree with THE SMOKE. That avatar does tell the story.
Don, that picture was taken when Kimmie and I plus LA (John and his better half) & Dee went to Jacks house for dinner one weekend.   Here is another picture I took from that day 

I believe I took the picture his uses
Here is Kimmie and Deb fixen crackers in Deb's kitchen

That was a very good weekend. We had more fun than a person should have ;)
Kimmie was talking about that weekend for days!   
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 11:48:35 PM »
Sorry, Tommy. You're right. Jaxon and Deb feed so many people, it is hard to keep up. I remember better now. Thanks for the correction. Hope your shoulder and arm is healing up good.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:56:13 PM by IR2dum »

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 12:01:47 AM »
Sorry, Tommy. You're right. Jaxon and Deb feed so many people, it is hard to keep up. I remember better now. Thanks for the correction. Hope your shoulder and arm is healing up good.
Mo reason to be sorry.  As much as they cookout with friends it's hard to keep the days straight.

As for the wing, it's getting better just had a few bumps in the road nothing big
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 09:13:09 AM »
It's amazin' how far the boy has come in that time. When he retired he really, really took off like a rocket. He is a perfect example of why a person should retire as soon as they can.  Of course, none of this could have happened with out Deb's permission and support.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 10:50:09 AM »
Great post!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 09:07:18 PM »
Smoke, you and the guys are too kind.  I'm certain that all of you share the same "spirit" that I do when it comes to sharing food and good times with friends and family...that's another reason we're part of this particular forum.
The Bible say, "the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delights in his way."  Several years ago, he began to order my steps along this wonderful pathway.  I give Him thanks for friends like y'all and for the experiences I have had because of outdoor cookin'.
I hope I can encourage others as much as I have been encouraged by y'all through the years.
Be blessed and have a Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays (your call).
'Scuse me now, my eyeballs are sweatin' a bit. 
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 10:20:59 PM »
I hope we all walk the same path you walk Jack. We all might step different and stumble from time to time.......just got to keep heading in the Lords Direction.

All the wishes of the season to you and yours Jack........and........I am darn proud to know ya  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32